Hello....

Options
Hi - I've been using MFP for a month now but this is my first post. Like a lot of you on here I have tried lots of different diet approaches and have been successful at losing weight in the short term, however after a while it's crept back on. So this time I have decided that I am going to take a different approach to it. I exercise like mad and always have, but it's the food part that I struggle with. There are lots of things about my eating habits that I need to change so I have decided that I will stay within my calorie limits and I will remove the "baddies" from my diet a month at a time. So, on the 30th of December I gave up alcohol and I've lost five pounds without even trying. I always want nibbles when I have a glass of wine so 3-4 glasses of wine each week was actually costing me rather a lot on cals, 5lb down can't be bad though. This month it's bread. I mean the fluffy ready sliced stuff, I will still eat pitta and wraps. I'm looking forward to my weigh in at the end of this month :)

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been using MFP for a month now but this is my first post. Like a lot of you on here I have tried lots of different diet approaches and have been successful at losing weight in the short term, however after a while it's crept back on. So this time I have decided that I am going to take a different approach to it. I exercise like mad and always have, but it's the food part that I struggle with. There are lots of things about my eating habits that I need to change so I have decided that I will stay within my calorie limits and I will remove the "baddies" from my diet a month at a time. So, on the 30th of December I gave up alcohol and I've lost five pounds without even trying. I always want nibbles when I have a glass of wine so 3-4 glasses of wine each week was actually costing me rather a lot on cals, 5lb down can't be bad though. This month it's bread. I mean the fluffy ready sliced stuff, I will still eat pitta and wraps. I'm looking forward to my weigh in at the end of this month :)

Hi, welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Remember, this is a life style change. You won't succeed for long if you totally give up all your "baddies" as you call them.
    The main reason MFP has worked for me over ALL the other things I've tried is that through MFP, I learned that I CAN occasionally have the things I love. :bigsmile: I just need to "work for em" through watching my numbers (MOST of the time!:laugh: ) and getting in some exercise in too. :wink: :smile:
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss. I too have been on several diets and needed something new. This is working i like it. Good luck.