Butter or marg

Options
lldem
lldem Posts: 31 Member
I like the marg bc its lower in cals But I find I don't like the taste of it. I use it mainly on toast, rolls etc and not on sandwich where I use mustard or on hot veggies where I will use herbs.
I've tried diet marg, I can't believe Its not butter (OH Yes I can!) and reg soft spreadable marg and I always just think - Butter tast so much better.
I think I will use butter especially since the holidays are approaching and I have butter in the house more and suck it up!
But Just wondering what others use....

Replies

• sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use butter, marg is made up crap so it cant be good for you.. IMO
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Margarine is a product of the petrochemical industry. It's "fake food". My choice is always to go for the purest possible and butter is it. Preferably unsalted and organic.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Butter
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I don't get how this is even a choice?!! A natural dairy product or a transfat??
  • happy64289
    Options
    While Butter has more Fat it is sooo much better for you. Plus a little tastes much better than that other stuff.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Two things I have changed in the last few months. I quit using margarine (I can't believe its not butter), and only use butter. I don't use a lot of butter, or eat it often so I found it isn't having an impact on my daily calories. I also stopped using coffee creamers made up of crap! I switched to milk, real cream, half and half.

I personally would rather eat the real food, and what taste better. I don't eat low fat mayo, because it is gross, and it would be just part of a diet that I couldn't wait to get past! So I am learning to live in a healthy lifestyle. I hope to keep working toward not eating fake food.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Two things I have changed in the last few months. I quit using margarine (I can't believe its not butter), and only use butter. I don't use a lot of butter, or eat it often so I found it isn't having an impact on my daily calories. I also stopped using coffee creamers made up of crap! I switched to milk, real cream, half and half.

I personally would rather eat the real food, and what taste better. I don't eat low fat mayo, because it is gross, and it would be just part of a diet that I couldn't wait to get past! So I am learning to live in a healthy lifestyle. I hope to keep working toward not eating fake food.

Smart choices!
  • cyclenut64
    Options
    always eat real/natural food when you have a choice. processed food is not health.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I use margarine. Only reason I don't use butter is it's difficult to have soft butter for spreading.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    I use margarine. Only reason I don't use butter is it's difficult to have soft butter for spreading.
    Land o lakes makes a nice unsalted whipped butter. LIL easier to spread but i know what you mean. :smile:
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I use margarine. Butter has 7g of saturated fats per tablespoon, and considering I'm suppose to only have *8* g's of sat. fats PER DAY, I'll stick to my margarine, thanks!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Butter

And regarding easy spreading, butter will last at room temperature for quite awhile so don't be afraid to leave a cube out in a butter dish.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Cold pressed olive oil :P

Actually, I shouldn't say anything. I don't actually eat either, and only use pam or olive oil for cooking.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Always butter, usually unsalted.
    The only time I eat margarine is when I go to my Mom's or someone else's house that does not have real butter. That's only after I've scrounged around and can't find the butter she uses for baking. And usually I'll just pass on the margarine then anyway.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't get how this is even a choice?!! A natural dairy product or a transfat??
    ^^ This. Butter all day.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's butter or nothing for me!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I use butter. Margarine is just grease with a bunch of chemicals added.. and water. Look at the label, water is usually the first ingredient, which means there's more water than anything else. This makes your toast soggy and your grilled cheese sandwiches not crispy on the outside. Also, most margarines have disguised trans fats. Look for the word "hydrogenated". This is the margarine company's way of added trans fats without declaring them.
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Definately butter!
    For the most part, I don't have to worry what's been put in it!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Butter typically, but I really don't use it a whole lot. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat, dietary fat is calories and energy like carbs and protein. So if fat content is your concern about butter vs. margarine, unless there's health issues, its just kind of silly.
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Butter - preferably organic.