Meal plan for fitness model physique?

Options
I was just wondering, what kinda diet does a fitness model have?

Or, what kinda diet would I need to have to get to that kinda physique, if I continue to work out 6 days a week alternating heavy free weights days and light free weigths with cardio days.

I'm currently 5ft5 and 62kg (136lbs). I'm no longer bothered by the number on the scale but I want to lower my body fat % to look almost like a fitness model.

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/category/interviews/women-interviews

Each interview has the girls workout and diet, will give you some ideas but it is very "typical fitness model" type stuff.

Don't feel like you have to only ever eat brown carbs or eat 6 times a day. Use common sense and hit your macros.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm not a fitness model (but how I wish too) but I've been following the bodybuilding technique of bulk/cut which I heard that some fitness models also use. The main difference between those two phases aside from the calorie consumption is in the compliance rate. During the pre-contest cutting phase, in order for them to lose fat, the compliance is at 90/10 with their diet very strict as in no starchy carbs regardless if its whole grains or not. While they can lax a little during the off-season bulking phase like 80/20 in order to create a surplus needed to gain muscle.

As far as macro percentage goes, it really depends on your body type since we are all different but the ideal is 40-30-30 (40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat).

Now if you're concerned is to lose body fat then you have to follow the "cutting phase", that is assuming that you are not underweight. Otherwise you have to start off with the bulking phase first before proceeding to the cutting phase.
  • cyclenut64
    Options
    I personally believe that if you keep within you calorie goal assuming it is set correctly for maintaining weight then what you eat is less important. Of course eating health is the best way to go. Eating a good level of lean protean is important for muscle growth, eating more natural foods and stay away from processed foods will help get to your ideal model body. Drink water instead of surgery drinks.

To replace fat with muscle I believe you need to do full body exercises including weights, I feel doing 1 hr of intense full body exercises 3 to 4 days a week is enough. 6 days a week may be too much, your body needs time to recover so alternating days can actually be better and give you more energy to have intensity during exercising. If you want some ideas on full body exercises let me know.