TDEE declining

Options
Hi, I have posted about this before but now I have better data having run a spreadsheet over time (since May) on what my FitBit has calculated.

I have gone from an average daily TDEE of over 2,000 calories to an average of of less than 1,800 in the same time that I have lost 15 pounds (6-months). My weight loss is slow but it has been coming off, but I am confused whether the TDEE is really correct considering I am on my feet walking @ 2-3 hours a day most days of the week, sometimes quite a bit more. According to Scooby at a moderate amount of exercise, my TDEE should be 1957 and light at 1737. I recently bought a BMF and so far it is measuring me at around 2,100 TDEE per day which is a bit higher than I thought.

I have to admit I am really confused here on what my actual activity level is, which is why I bought the BMF in addition to the FB. I have a treadmill desk and walk 2-3 hours a day at about 2 MPH while working (typically about 5-7 miles) and I lift weights lightly throughout the day, plus do core exercises throughout the day. As it stands I am trying to base my food consumption on Scooby at the moderate amount as opposed to going with FB which would have me eating less than 1500 calories per day. My ultimate goal would be to maintain my weight at about 1900 a day as that is where I feel best food wise.

Any advice on whether I should just stay the course with Scooby or cut calories a bit further (eating approximately 1600-1700 most days) or actually increase a tad since I am getting closer to goal and am trying for a half pound a week as opposed to a greater amount. I want to increase LBM and decrease fat as well as still lose another 20 pounds within the next six months.

Replies

• rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I guess 20 pounds in six months is 3.5 pounds a month, so maybe I should be more realistic and spin it out to ten months? I am still overweight but I feel very healthy now.