Cleaned off the treadmill! :)

Options
Hey everyone :) So I have been making excuses for a long time why not to use the treadmill in the basement. I have two kids, and my husband and I rent out a room in the back corner of the basement. Anyways, one of my excuses is that our tennant's cat is flea infested, and so is our basement now :(
Today I said frig it, went downstairs with my four year old while the baby was napping and cleaned the junk off the treadmill and did a little walking. I was so proud of myself, UNTIL I started getting eaten alive by fleas! Now I'm afraid I brought them upstairs and my pets are going to get infested too.
Anyone know how I can get rid of the fleas?! I had her bomb the basement a month or so ago with flea bombs, but all that did was slow the fleas down for a bit. She doesn't have a lot of money and is rarely here.. So I guess it's up to me to fix the problem. Any suggestions because I really want to be using the damn treadmill!
I could have my husband help me bring the treadmill upstairs, but it wouldn't look very good sitting in my living room. That still may be what I wind up doing though... Blah it was going so well! lol
<3 Lauren

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Never mind... I'm just gonna bring it up. Who cares what it looks like sitting in my livin room? Just another excuse! I'll use it more if its in my face anyways lol
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't have enough money to maintain their pets (and their pet issues), they really don't need to be owning pets. I wouldn't put up with that in my home personally. I can't stand being eaten alive by fleas. To fix the problem, the cats need to be shampoo'd, and any carpets cleaned with flew powder. THey also need to be comb'd with a flea comb. I used to comb my cat next to the toilet, and let the fleas and hair go strait down the drain. I would perch the cat on the edge of the tub while I comb'd him. Keep at it. I don't know enough about your "tennant" situation, but since it is in your home, it affects you. Glad to see you finally put aside the excuses for not runing. I enjoy it now when I go to the gym. I bring my iPad, and watch netflix while I run.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply :) I moved my whole living room around to make a good spot for the treadmill and its coming up as soon as my husban gets home tonight.
    As far as the fleas and the "tennant" goes, I am going to have another talk with her about it. I agree that she shouldn't have a pet that she can't afford to take care of. I would just assume she find the poor cat a new home, and then I can go down and take are of the situation. She won't even vaccuum daily to get the eggs out of the carpet, so I'm sure she's not combing the cat either.
    We take our pets to the vet regularly and if they get fleas, it's taken care of quickly. This thing with her has been going on since she moved in a year ago! I guess it's time to get a little bit*hy... I hate being mean lol