Buddies out thereee?

Options
Hi guys! (:
I recently got back on myfitnesspal but I never really looked into the community/forums on here :(
Soo, in order to make sure I stick with this, I'd love to meet some new people to keep me motivated!
I'm super nice, so feel free to add/message me!

And good luck to everyone!

PS: Does anyone have any good motivational quotes? I want an entire wall dedicated to these loll

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Glad you found the boards! I"m working on adding motivational stuff to my wall.
  • keepfit117
    Options
    I am re-starting too...trying to lose a few pounds that I re-gained and then back to me original goal! Would love to add you!
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yay! :D
    Thanks for the add! And you can do it! We're all here to support each other (:

@Nancybuss - I've found some nice pinterest boards filled with great fitness and life motivation quotes. Google those!
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    Feel free to add me :wink:

and my favorite motivational is this (I printed it and pined it on my fridge :happy: )
    tumblr_mbway0mzQQ1rhjaj9o1_500.jpg
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Amrin,

Happy to see you are back, rest assured we will always be here for you. I find the community boards create a much needed connection for everyone. Why not loose the fat and get fit together, we got unhealthy by doing little exercise and eating fast food
    together.

Remember "If it does not fall from a tree get pulled from the ground or killed for consumption then you should not eat it"
  • healthyinpink
    Options
    @Valm0n - Aww! That is too cute! I'm going to print it out as well (:

@flatandy - Thank you!! You're absolutely right, we definitely need to connect to others who will help keep us on the right track. And that quote is great! I'm writing it down now.
  • kokomarie
    Options
    Hi! I'm also getting back on MFP after leaving for a few months.
  • healthyinpink
    Options
    Hey! Nice to meet you (:
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back on MFP. By doing so you are well on your way to success because this demonstrates your head and heart are willing to achieve your goals and one saying that reminds me of this is - "What the head can conceive and the heart believe can always be acheived." Take care and best wishes.
  • healthyinpink
    Options
    I like that one! Thank you!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    -Vision without Action is a Daydream.
    Action without Vision is a Nightmare.
    -Japanese Proverb

-The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

-Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it (or crawl under it as the case may be.... :bigsmile: ...my little 2 cents)

Add me if you like. I joined originally last year but then never really did anything, didn't look at any forums or groups.....then I got fed up with not losing the extra poundage and decided I'd give it another go this year..... so I logged back in around the end of June. Add me if you like.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options

and my favorite motivational is this (I printed it and pined it on my fridge :happy: )

Ahhhh! I love that! :heart:
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options

Love that! Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    you can either have results or excuses, not both

if your tired of starting over, stop giving up!!

hope these help!
    Feel free to add me
  • healthyinpink
    Options
    Thanks guys! I love all of these! <3 Sending you all friend requestsss (:
  • amyleighwood94
    Options
    awwww... wat a cute picture! he wants to be a unicorn :D
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Amrin,
    I think the best motivation is having buddies to share with; to encourage and be encouraged by because our needs and the pressures on us change daily. I like the idea of spending all this pent up energy. Giving it away freely, and knowing that it is SAFE to do so. The road is likely to be bumpy and a bit of a marathon at times. Just keep walking one foot in front of the other, doing all the things you know intuitively to be right for your well-being (even if the scales are lying; they'll come around eventually).

Be patient and kind to yourself if/when you stumble. Guilt is pointless and triggers nasty and unhelpful hormones. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and carry on. Empowered by the knowledge of your daily calorie intakes, you can always kick in a bit of extra exercise in so many, even in very ordinary ways, to dominate any little indulgences, and you don't have to deny yourself completely!

Kia kaha - good strength be in you and have fun on this journey to a much healthier and happier you!

I for one am in your corner cheering for you. :happy:
  • healthyinpink
    Options
    I'm saving what you wrote, that was absolutely inspirational! <3 thank you so much!