Slipped up on a week...

Options
Hi guys and gals,

I have been ill this week, and because of that, I ate quite small portions, and did not consume a lot of calories a day. Because of that, I lost quite a lot of weight(and I think fat too). I lost about 2 Kgs.

Now, I was wondering, is this bad? Is there a way, that if I eat normal again from now on, I can continue from my current weight, and not go back to +2 kg? Usually I strive for 0.5 kg a week, so this was quite something.

Anybody got something on this?

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I lost 2-3 lbs when I was sick in sept and didn't gain it back because when I got better I went straight away back to the workouts and ate healthy
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You were sick so probably not as active and I would bet that a lot of that weight you lost was water weight, dehydration is common during a lot of sicknesses. You may gain a little weight back when you are properly hydrated again. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Being sick isn't a slip up, btw. :) Just get back to a normal eating routine and make sure your body is healthy. That 0.5kg/week loss is more realistic anyway.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    One time I got a bad stomach bug and lost ~5 lbs. I didn't put it back on because I just went back to eating normally...
  • JuroNemo14
    JuroNemo14 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'll see how the stats are in a week.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Some of the weight you lost might have been water weight, depending on what kind of "sick' you were, so yu may put a bit back on once you get back up to eating normally again. But that will be a good thing, because you'll be replacing needed fluids and nutrients in your body.

On the other hand, I lost 35 pounds from knee replacement surgeries and the recovery period - I was out of work for 3 1/2 months. When I went back to work I gained back about 8 pounds, but then things balanced out and I started losing slowly again.

Just don't go overboard when you get to feeling better and you'll be fine.

Feel better soon!
  • JuroNemo14
    Options
    Well, I had an annoying cold, which resulted in keeping me in the house most of the time.

Just a question: what exactly is water weight, and how can I lose more fat, instead of water weight?

This probably sounds like ridiculously stupid question, but I'm just wondering what people mean by "water weight".
  • JuroNemo14
    Options
    So, a week later, after eating an almost normal amount of food, I lost 0.5 kgs compared to last week. This is a good thign.

But, after eating my breakfast(an omelet with a slice of cheese, turkey and a tomato), I weighed myself once more(just to check out how much I would weigh more with my breakfast), and the scale said I gained 0.5 kg with that. Is that normal? Should I weigh 0.5 kg extra with breakfast included?