Discouraged but Not Defeated

Options
In 2011 April I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes and I was at my highest weight of 395. I spent almost a year loosing 65 pounds. I was doing great then I tore a ligament in my ankle and my weight crept back up to 342 and steadied. I didn't gain I didn't loose and my diabetes was under control. In the last year I have gotten married moved many changes and I have managed to get back up to 368. I have 118 pounds to loose to get to my first major weight loss, but I would like to start off with a 40 pound weight loss in the next 4 months. We would like to get pregnant and they would preferred me to get into a healthy weight loss schedule. I have been back on MFP for about a week granted not eating the best of everything but staying with in the suggested calorie intake and even exercising. I feel like I need to do something to spark a drastic weight reduction, but I also feel crazy like is this ever going to end. I have over come so much in life but my battle with food continues. I have 2 gym membership. I have all the right food at home I just don't know how to get into a committed routine. I am willing to take suggestions but most of all I just wanted to vent and be open and honest about where I am on this journey. Thank you guys for your support and your ear.

Replies

• lgue005
    Options
    Good luck! I too had to lose weight to have babies and now have 2 wonderful little girls. It was well worth all the hard work. Unfortunately since having them I have really let myself slip so back into it now. Good luck!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    CJ that is some serious motivation for you to do the right thing. Take it one day at a time and if that't too hard one meal at a time, one exercise at a time etc.

I'm doing what I'm doing so I can skip the diabetes that runs rampant in my fam, I'm pulling for you!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I basically take it one meal at a time. I have 4 meals per day and try to use about 1/4 of my daily calories per meal, minus 50-100 calories because I'm more interested in eating late in the day, not so much in the mornings.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do anything drastic. Trust me, your body will not thank you for it and you won't be any better off in the long term.

Keep tracking - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Try to look for patterns on what times of day you are hungry. Plan your snacks and meals around those times.

Every week, make one positive change. Next week, aim to get an extra serving of veggies every day. The week after that, try a new healthy recipe. The week after that, drink only water (these are just examples....make changes that impactful for you).

Don't feel that you need to do everything at once. You don't. Just keep moving forward. Good luck!!
  • SanctifiedDiva
    SanctifiedDiva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much you really encourage me!
  • KatillacFitness
    Options
    Consistency is gonna be your key girl. Celebrate the little successes and keep the mindset that this is a new healthy life style for you, not a temporary diet. MFP is great support, and I personally host smaller support groups and fit-challenge groups. If you feel like you need more one on one support PLEASE don't hesitate to let me know what I can do to help you kick *kitten*! :-) Keep pushing forward girl!