newlywed needs weight loss buddy

Options
hi all. i'm looking for a weight loss buddy (worked for me in the past). I was at my goal weight for a while, and then just got comfortable and somehow it has all creeped back on. i'm looking to lose about 25 lbs. would love to have someone to encourage me/for me to help encourage who is going through this too! female only please (no offense guys, but us girls just lose differently)

i can't believe i let this happen after doing so well for so long. i am ready to get back into shape and back into my closet which i love and doesn't fit!

my plan:
in addition to doing jillian michael's 30 day shred dvd in the mornings, i'm also going to do some elliptical and then zumba once or twice a week.
i love to cook, the trick is to avoid making things i can't resist eating more than one serving of, like mashed potatoes or pasta!
i also love weights so i plan to do strength training 2 times a week.

i did so much better in the past when i had some accountability.. there was actually about 8 of us that all checked in semi-regularly, so i would love to get something like that going again. if anyone is on board, maybe we can make a private group.

thanks and best wishes to you all!

Replies

• christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicksinn,

My life is kinda different than yours(I'm single and have cerebral palsy) but if you don't
    mind that I think I can help you. Like you I am looking to lose a significant amount of
    weight(30 pounds) and since I've been at MFP I have found an awesome amount of
    support and encouragement here. I have been on many "diets" and ALWAYS either
    totally failed to lose or lost only to regain the weight like you did. Since I've been here
    I have stopped using the D word, and like others here, now talk about a lifestyle change
    or a journey. The way I see it, the first three letters of the word diet are D-I-E and that
    is the last thing I want to do. I want and need a new life so this change has to last a
    lifetime! I am already down six pounds(on the 2 month anniversary of starting my new
    life!) and I give God the praise for leading me to MFP.

If it sounds good to you, please message me and tell me about you. I would like to help;
    I think it's a way of paying it forward. I am not an expert on fitness and nutrition but I'm
    totally psyched about sharing what I'm learning with others who are on the same path/
    journey!

Sue
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm always up for add some weightloss buddies. Like you I do better when people hold me accountable and also had weight creep up on me in a relationship (congrats on being a newlywed!) I'm not married yet but my goal is that when I do I don't have to "shed for the wedding"!