To show how it doesn't matter if you mess up one day.

Options
Hi guys,

I had a hell of a binge Tuesday night, like 1500cal binge! I don't know what came over me, but it was a digestive/kettle chips/vienesse whirls--thon. It was messy! Anyway, I got all sad and blurgh about how I had screwed it all up etc. Then I started looking at my weekly cal net goals part of the Myfitnesspal app, and then I realised, sure I overate on Tues, but (unintentionally) I was under on my net for most other days and it slowly balanced out my weekly cal deficit. Obviously I havent finished Sunday yet.

Anyway, this is just to show, so what if you have your one bad day, or two. Don't beat yourself up about it, learn from it, and just do better the next time. Cos your weekly average is whats important.

E9C63F9B-6CDB-4D3E-9586-909E7D000DDD-11822-00000C5109C525D6.jpg

P.S. I know my cal is low on a few of the other days, It wasn't intentional, its tough when you burn 4000 a day to quite hit your net! Don't forget peeps and haters, thats NET, not food consumed.

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Love this. It shows what I try to tell people every time they post a binge thread. Calories = weekly, not daily. Daily just helps us stay on-track so we don't end up with only 200 calories to use on Sunday. ;)
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Good to know. It's tempting to look at this whole thing from day to day - why haven't the scales gone down from yesterday, why did I "ruin" today, and all of that. Of course it's important, take care of each day and the weeks take care of themselves, but as you show it's more than just a day to day thing. It's good that you've reminded people of that. Thanks for sharing this, it's so important to not let oneself feel guilty as it makes the issue so much worse.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal at least once a week so that I don't have horrible cravings. I may over eat at one meal but I won't kick myself for it. It helps keep me in line and I never have any regrets. If anything I have been choosing my cheat meals differently. For example, burger with a side of salad/veggie and a beer, skipped the fries.
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Phewwww,I binged today :( this makes be feel a little better haha
  • barberella
    Options
    I understand how the guilt messes you up!! Halloween (Saturday before actually) was like that for me and I went crazy with food like cupcakes and chips and of course, lots of booze. And the worst part was that Sundays are my weigh in day. Well, hell to the no was I going to weigh myself after knowing what i ate and drank. But ya gotta sometimes give yourself some leeway and be thankful you don't do that every day!!
  • GoodyGirl3
    GoodyGirl3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today has been a binge day for me so I was happy to see this thread. The amt of food I ate is finally registering with my stomach and so is the guilt. But jeez, before MFP I probably ate like this a couple times a week, so I'm trying not to freak out. Plus, I'm going on my long run tomorrow (13 miles) so that should balance my weekend out I hope. I am going to the movies tonight and that popcorn is hard to resist!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Nice way to look at it. thanks for sharing
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    No problemo!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Spot on! Good on you for sharing it because many people aren't aware of it yet. :)
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love this! I knew this but I guess it hadn't registered. Thank you so much for this awesome visual. It really helps!!!
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing on Friday, massive binge. Its Sunday night here and I have stayed under on my weekly stats. So all good. But not planning on doing it again anytime soon.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    fantastic instant reminder- thank you!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    i do a once a month "crazy cheat day". Work out good and use every calorie on things i have been wanting. This is my method to help me with cravings.

My crazy cheat day was yesterday.......................it was awsome and i am now back on track. No regrets..................
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Great post. I don't do "cheat" days but planned "celebration meals". I think it is very important to log no matter what we eat. I weigh every day, and I record once a week that weight.

My main mantra with wanting to eat "my old way" vs "my new way" is whatever temptation is in front of me, It will be there a year from now. And if it isn't , I don't need it anyway.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    A nice reminder to look at the 'big picture' :)