Huge NSV!

Options
sblueyez
sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
I started Paleo earlier this year and I will say it has definitely helped with my weight loss. Even more important, though, is that it has reversed my lupus! For this that know blood work, my ANA was above 1:1280. Ridiculously high!! Finally it has come down and is in the normal range 1:3. If you didn't know about the lupus, this blood work wouldn't give it away! No wheel chairs for me any time soon. I'll never go back after going Paleo. By the way no meds or supplements were used to get here, just plain Paleo. Just thought I'd share, I'm so excited.

Replies

• SuzAnnaCromer
    SuzAnnaCromer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yaya!! I'm excited for you!!! Congrats!!
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! What wonderful news. Congratulations!
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!!!!!!! Congratulations!
  • sblueyez
    Options
    Thank you :) I'm very happy and glad I made the lifestyle change.
  • thedars
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the good work.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Love those NSVs, they keep us going when the scale gets stuck.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Man, that is unbelieveably fantastic!!! Yay!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's fantastic!!
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I believe in paleo logic, I just find it difficult to be 100%. So I am ually about about 70-80% of calories from Paleo/Primal foods... except today. lol. Congrats to you!
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great feeling that must be. May you get the benefit of this (both in terms of weight-loss and MS stuff) for years to come. :)

I love it when non-conventional methods reverse/aid/reduce medical effects! I went vegetarian 5.5 years ago in a last-ditch attempt to help my Rheumatoid Arthritis (25 years old and couldn't roll over in bed). NEVER looking back. The doctors all tell me it shouldn't have worked and that there is ZERO evidence that RA is affected by food, but my own body is proof enough.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    That is beyond awesome. Congrats!
  • sblueyez
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great feeling that must be. May you get the benefit of this (both in terms of weight-loss and MS stuff) for years to come. :)

I love it when non-conventional methods reverse/aid/reduce medical effects! I went vegetarian 5.5 years ago in a last-ditch attempt to help my Rheumatoid Arthritis (25 years old and couldn't roll over in bed). NEVER looking back. The doctors all tell me it shouldn't have worked and that there is ZERO evidence that RA is affected by food, but my own body is proof enough.

Absolutely! You are what you eat and if you can process what you eat it will wreak havoc on your body. Eating clean feels good right? I know what works for me and I am completely happy with the choice I made. My doctor was floored. :)
  • sblueyez
    Options
    That is wonderful! I believe in paleo logic, I just find it difficult to be 100%. So I am ually about about 70-80% of calories from Paleo/Primal foods... except today. lol. Congrats to you!

I'm not strong enough to handle not doing paleo all the time. If I slip up I spiral down thanks to cravings that the SAD will unleash! It takes me 3 days to get back on track and it gives me a vision of the future because it effects my body so bad. Two days after eating gluten my joints will hurt too much to get up. It's all or nothing for me. I'm glad you have found something that is working for you. Change is hard! Every little bit helps.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

I'm not strong enough to handle not doing paleo all the time. If I slip up I spiral down thanks to cravings that the SAD will unleash! It takes me 3 days to get back on track and it gives me a vision of the future because it effects my body so bad. Two days after eating gluten my joints will hurt too much to get up. It's all or nothing for me. I'm glad you have found something that is working for you. Change is hard! Every little bit helps.

Congrats!!! Assuming your talking about Seasonal Affective Disorder... Start a Vitamin D supplement now & take melatonin at bedtime! It helps me sooooo much.
    If not... Then just congrats & keep up the good work!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing NSV. Better than anything on the scale. Food can help your body stop attacking itself!
  • sblueyez
    Options

Congrats!!! Assuming your talking about Seasonal Affective Disorder... Start a Vitamin D supplement now & take melatonin at bedtime! It helps me sooooo much.
    If not... Then just congrats & keep up the good work!

Lol. No, I should have written it out. Standard American diet is what I meant. It isn't the right diet for me!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful...so happy for you :)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!