Anyone Lose Weight on Seroquel?

Options
2»

Replies

• MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I gained weight.....reason I'm on this site today is because of weight gain from Seroquel. It was inhumane!
  • Jacquiesteer
    Options
    That's a positive step - aim to be healthy instead of getting caught up in weight loss momentum =)
  • merrewyn
    Options
    I put on 20kgs and basically have to starve myself to lose weight but I can't stop taking it cos I can't sleep
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor if he or she recommends a limited (not low) carb diet while on Seroquel. Some have suggested that more emphasis on protein and fats helps with weight loss with this medicine. It can affect the metabolic processes, so it's always good with this one to work closely with your doctor, and ask your doctor to consult to get you more information if your doc doesn't have it.
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Now I am in the same situation :( I have been steadily packing on the pounds and despite having bad days I have mostly good days and I have still been gaining. I refuse to take medication that will make me lose the battle I know how to win. I am seeing my GP on Monday for alternatives. At least I am not the only one out there in the mfp world with the same struggle.
  • trilei75
    trilei75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I started Seroquel and my weight loss journey at nearly the same time. It hasn't made me gain, but I couldn't say if its made things more difficult. I actually didn't know about the weight gain aspect of it until I read this! I take it for sleep issues.
  • CLina89
    CLina89 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've actually gained lots of weight I'm on 25mg now. I started off on 200 after a nervous breakdown due to my cancer treatment