Nothing is quite as humbling as....

Options
jennai
jennai Posts: 22 Member
...being a 31 year old obese woman huffing and puffing her way through week three of C25K ---- in the middle of a boys college baseball practice. Does humiliation burn calories? lol

I do consider this a small victory for me because not too long ago I would have just turned around and walked out. But I stuck it out.

Oh, and one of the boys called me ma'am. *kitten*.

Replies

• Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! for you.

Well done for just getting on with it :drinker:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    In a few months when you reach your goal and you are running during practice - they wont call you ma'am they'll be thinking hot! Keep going! :smile:
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Hey!!

Keep your chin up!!

When I first started running I was 235 pounds!! I was always the last one, I hurt, I had trouble breathing, I felt gross and felt like people were staring at me!!

Well, a year and a half later, persistent determination and lots of aches, pains, & frustration...... I am now 140 pounds and can run 10K all at once with no stopping and no feeling of wanting to die!!!

Keep it up!! Congrats to you for sticking it out!!!!!
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    LOL! I feel your pain. I am on W4, and it is kicking my *kitten*! The gym I go to is always full of athletes...I live in a very small town and my gym is the only one in town....so everyone goes there, and since it is off season for football, lots of FB players are in there right now.....UGH! Keep up the good work. It will make it all the more worth it when you are running miles at a time and smilin' as you go....
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hold you head high!! You are a role model not an example!!! :heart:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i can empathize... but go you for sticking it out!
    dawn
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Go job on sticking it out. You're gonna be a hot mum x
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    haha I am a high school teacher and my kids sometimes call me ma'am.... im 22 haha. Its weird.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You go, girl ! :flowerforyou:
  • duchess20
    Options
    Good job Jen!!! Excellent accomplishment! You are going to run that 5k!!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! I am just under 220 lbs and did my first 5k yesterday. I ran maybe a total of a 1/2 mile. I walked the rest. I joked with some of my friends waiting at the start line "First step Hale Freezes Over, next step BOSTON QUALIFIER!"

I'm starting an official C25K on Tuesday, and have already picked out my next race at the end of March which I intend to RUN, and be 1/2 way to my goal weight!
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    But you did it, and that's what is important. Good job! It doesn't matter how hard it is, how long it takes you, so long as you're doing your best and not making a whole bunch of excuses.
    Hold your head high and keep up the good work!
    God bless,
    Karen
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep it up!!!! :)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Maybe he called you "Ma'am" 'cause you called him "Boy". "Boy's" college basketball? Really? I'm 42, and if I don't know you I'd address you as ma'am, and would say the same to your daughter. Home training and manners - some folks have them.

I say good job to that young man for treating you with respect. Good job to you to, for doing what you came to do. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!