40 something men

Options
Just new to the MyFitnessPal

It appears that the majority of the members are female. Only my perception, I am male in my late 40's and trying to maiantain my fitness level weight strength and endurance. I have noticed many changes in my body that appear to be gender related. Here are a few

1. My recovery time after exercise is starting to take longer.
2. If I slack off for a week - I loose "more ground" than I have in my 30's it takes me 1 -2 weeks to regain what I lost for strength.
3. Loss of hair on the head and gaining of hair in other places...

There are other male aging effects that probably are not appropraite to publisize

Replies

• TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    There are certainly more females then men here kd, and I am another. I just wanted to say hello and I do hope that more men will join you. Keep posting so you all can find each other!
  • kdfox
    kdfox Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks - My hope is that I can confirm that the changes are normal aging for men.. Hope no one takes the comments the wrong way
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome to the site fox :P
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi kdfox--Welcome!!

I know it seems you are a man "lost in the female wilderness" that can be MFP, but there IS an active thread for men on here, and the link is shown below:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73025-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men?page=8#posts-1085184

Once you have posted in this thread, you can quickly find it again by looking at "my topics" under the community tab.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to forestall the tricks the body plays on us as we get older, but I find that if I do a little less, but on a more regular basis, I seem to maintain a little better than if I adopt the "tortoise and hare" approach.

Good luck!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi kdfox--Welcome!!

I know it seems you are a man "lost in the female wilderness" that can be MFP, but there IS an active thread for men on here, and the link is shown below:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73025-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men?page=8#posts-1085184

Once you have posted in this thread, you can quickly find it again by looking at "my topics" under the community tab.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to forestall the tricks the body plays on us as we get older, but I find that if I do a little less, but on a more regular basis, I seem to maintain a little better than if I adopt the "tortoise and hare" approach.

Good luck!!!