how close fo you get to your calorie goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at least the "sedentary life style want to lose 1/2 a pound a week" target goal MFP sets for me. And then try to go over for at least half my activity calories. So I would say I do pretty good on calories I eat, by my standards. (remember, I was overweight? so being at a healthy weight and maintaining is pretty darn outstanding)

I don't beat myself up over it. I am not underweight by any chart or how I feel. I have to push pretty hard to not work at a desk 8-10 hours a day and remember to get up and move or stand every hour. I beat myself up more over lack of physical activity than I do calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think the relaxed +/- approach is definitely the way to go. Unless you become inordinately OCD about measuring every single thing you eat, never eat out, or at a friends place, then every item you log is going to be an estimate. And that's OK.

I'm happy if I'm in or around 100 cals of the target.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my intake under goal, but I dont stress over it if I go over. I tend to look at the week overall. I keep a simple spreadsheet thats shows what I am suppose to eat, actual consumed minus the exercise calories. It was kind of an eye opener at first as I found the reports on MFP confusing and misleading.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I look at the weekly net calorie goal... I try and be within 200 of that, but as long as I know I am eating mainly good stuff, I don't worry too much. That being said, I am in maintenance, so I would be more bothered if i Went over if I was trying to lose.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to calories. A calorie is NOT a calorie. Done right, everything falls into place and the calories, are a moot point
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    by the end of the week... a couple hundred within my alloted deficit.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've always tried to get within 50 calories under OR over. If I do that, I'm perfectly satisfied with my day and consider myself on target. If I get full and I'm 100 calories under, I don't stress it because I could easily have underestimated the calories in something I ate earlier in the day. So I try to get as close as possible, but if I don't quite make it or I'm a little bit over, I don't beat myself up about it. :)
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Not too worried anymore . Have been at goal for a few months. I g to the gym 3-4 days a week for strength and cardio mix. Been in the hospital 4 times in the lat month not for eating too little. lol try to stay around 1800 calories give or take. Do not go over on non exercise days.