NSV Not being embarrassed by working out

Options
I use to be embarrassed by the fact that I had to workout becuase I have some naturally skinny friend and am way overweight. Well, I was going for a jog today. My friend wanted to go over a plan for a site they are working on. So, to fit them in I took the iphone pulled up skype chatted with them while jogging. Usually I wouldn't do this because I would be panting and embarrassed that I had to workout and they didn't but I did it and it felt good because in the end my friend supported me and was on skype to me going. You can do it a bit further and then talked to me during walks. They said if they could get 3g on their phone. They are in a europe. Then they would do a jog with me over skype. I was shocked that they weren't going oh what a fatty having to workout and stuff becuase in mind that is what they all thought. I am glad I got over my embarrassment. :] Now I can jog and be happy. Not embarrassed and shameful of it.

Replies

• JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I used to be so embarrassed by working out in front of my boyfriend, and then he wanted to start doing to C25K with me, I just about died at the thought. Here's a guy, in great shape gonna come running with me, see me wheezing, sweating like a pig, jiggling and all that other great stuff. Meanwhile, when we finished he'd come home, have a cup of coffee and a smoke as I'm trying to breathe again haha. Anyways, after 3 days running with him I told him I couldn't do it anymore, I just couldn't do it in front of him, I was too embarrassed. He looks at me and says, when you've got this determination, that's when your the sexiest! Now, I don't care a thing about what he see's cause I know he doesn't see me they way I was so scared that I thought he did. He made me realize that I almost let my fear consume the good that I am trying to do.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used to be so embarrassed by working out in front of my boyfriend, and then he wanted to start doing to C25K with me, I just about died at the thought. Here's a guy, in great shape gonna come running with me, see me wheezing, sweating like a pig, jiggling and all that other great stuff. Meanwhile, when we finished he'd come home, have a cup of coffee and a smoke as I'm trying to breathe again haha. Anyways, after 3 days running with him I told him I couldn't do it anymore, I just couldn't do it in front of him, I was too embarrassed. He looks at me and says, when you've got this determination, that's when your the sexiest! Now, I don't care a thing about what he see's cause I know he doesn't see me they way I was so scared that I thought he did. He made me realize that I almost let my fear consume the good that I am trying to do.

ooo. :] That's wonderful that you and your husband workout together and not having to be embarrassed around him. :} My husband ran with me for the first time last week. Got to teach him my line he tried to keep me running for to long but I love him anyways. :] He knows what I am going through since he was 100lbs heavier in high school.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!