Just Started MyFitnessPal!!!!

Options
Greetings Everyone,
My name is Stephanie and I just started my first day yesterday. I am not used to keeping up with recording my calories, I usually give up the second to third week. I did not make losing weight my new years resolution because I want to be honest with myself, I want to live a healthier lifestyle. I am currently about 15 pounds overweight and although I would like to lose those pounds in two months, I am not setting a date. It becomes frustrating when you set up a goal and you do not meet that goal. Eventually, you get stressed out. What do you think? But, I hope to keep eating healthy and making exercise a daily part of my routine.
-Stephanie :happy:

Replies

• Jennifer2326
    Options
    Hi Stephanie and welcome.

I have only been on here for about 3 weeks or so. I too am not used to keeping records of my calories and stuff but I think it's a key item in the weight loss struggle.I have much more than 15 lbs. to lose but the struggle is still the same in so many ways. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and stay positive and keep strong. Jennifer
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I don't set goal dates for myself either - like you I find them stressful and destructive to my emotional state. :grumble: Just want to be healthy and following the caloric guidelines here (getting into the habit of entering in your foods and drinks) will make you more aware of how simple it is to take control. You will do great I'm sure. :heart: Good luck on your adventure toward a new lifestyle. I'm sure you will find it enjoyable here. :flowerforyou:
  • amandaja
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using it about 3 weeks and really like it. I use it mainly to track my fiber, protein and carbs. It is a great tool in keeping up with calories. I know many times I don't realize how much I have actually eaten until I track it. Then i am in complete horror and shock! :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Welcome aboard :-)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie. Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • kellytwingirlz97
    Options
    Hello,
    I have been on here for 3 weeks now and have never watched what I eat and counted calories. I have enjoyed using this site as a helpful tool in my weight loss. Good luck in your weight loss:wink: