Gaining muscel routine

Options
I have struggled with gaining muscel for a while now. I weigh 105lbs and I'm 5'4, i really want to gain muscel in my thigh and abs area. Is there any exercise anyone reccomends me to do?
Thank you so much!

Replies

• photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Squats are good for both. Also, eat a lot of protein.
  • shagybear33
    Options
    I think it was dogmeat that posted not too long ago about gaining muscle... I can't remember the wording exactly, but in order to gain muscle you cannot operate your body in a calorie deficit. You must eat more in order to feed the muscles.

The best exercises I found for me was squats, lunges etc for thighs. If you can get your hands on the Turbo Jam Ab Party and/or the Slim in 6 Six Pack abs, they have some wonderful routines for ab workouts!!

Hope this helps!! :D
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    you can do any simple strength exercises. i find resistance training works best for me when trying to gain muscle.
    also, start taking in that protein. it is most important to take in protein right after a work-out (along with a lot of water so it can be absorbed), and at the end of your day (dinner). This will help to rejuvinate your muscles, therefor allowing them to get bigger.

also, just remember that just because you're trying to get bigger does not mean that you can eat whatever you want. stay away from the junk! it will only leave you sluggish and unmotivated to work out. if you have a balanced diet with lots of carbs, fruits, veggies, fiber, fat, AND protein, it will give you the strength and energy you need.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    you can do any simple strength exercises. i find resistance training works best for me when trying to gain muscle.
    also, start taking in that protein. it is most important to take in protein right after a work-out (along with a lot of water so it can be absorbed), and at the end of your day (dinner). This will help to rejuvinate your muscles, therefor allowing them to get bigger.

also, just remember that just because you're trying to get bigger does not mean that you can eat whatever you want. stay away from the junk! it will only leave you sluggish and unmotivated to work out. if you have a balanced diet with lots of carbs, fruits, veggies, fiber, fat, AND protein, it will give you the strength and energy you need.

correction: i see on your profile that you're not trying to get bigger. sorry i got the wrong idea. either way- staying away from junk and eating a balanced diet will benefit anyone.
  • Treens182
    Options
    When gaining muscle you want to remember to use heavy weights, small repetitions of about 6-10, and about 2-3 sets. This will cause hypertrophy and strength gains in your muscles.