I run more each day!

Options
I have lost almost 50 lbs and I never thought I would see the day that I could actually run! I used to run as a kid (from K-11th grade) and as soon as I stopped running, the weight came..then I had kids..well, you all know the story..I won't lie and say I can run a mile straight but I sure can run for a few minutes at the most!! I know I'll get to that mile sooner or later..

Replies

• bdunt2646
    bdunt2646 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! i know i cant wait until i can run continuously!!!
    i started doing the couch to 5k run..so if all goes well...i should be able to run 3miles 2 months from now... its a pretty awesome program :) you should check it out!
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started running just a couple of years back and never thought I would go beyond a few mins. Today I can run quite a few Kms that too off the treadmill :):flowerforyou: . If I can I am sure you can too. It also gives me a sense of goal accomplished. Go for it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great job! Take it slow, take it steady, and stretch. SHOES!!!

You can do this!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Great job. I was never a runner - not in my whole life. I started C25K a couple years ago. Yesterday I ran 10 miles! You can do this. Just be wise about increasing your miles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!