Wedding to Attend in 15 Weeks. Need a diet/workout buddy

Options
Hi girls and boys. I think I might have put this in the wrong area so I'm reposting here. I am Phee and I am back after a long break - but I am back with a new mindset! I'm a (very overweight) 40s Mum of 3 boys and I have a wedding to attend in 15 weeks where I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in 20 years. I am DREADING it. But I guess its good for motivation. I am 5 ft 4 and 125kg so I have a lot of work to do but I am planning on working out daily for 5 or 6 days a week to try to get in the best shape that I can in that timeframe. I have seen so many transformations lately, that I finally believe that I too can do this! So I am looking for someone (or two) who would be interested in going on a weight loss and fitness journey 15 weeks with me. It would be great to have someone to chat to, check up on each others progress, maybe share before and after pics with, etc. If you're interested, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you

Replies

• REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Hi girls and boys. I think I might have put this in the wrong area so I'm reposting here. I am Phee and I am back after a long break - but I am back with a new mindset! I'm a (very overweight) 40s Mum of 3 boys and I have a wedding to attend in 15 weeks where I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in 20 years. I am DREADING it. But I guess its good for motivation. I am 5 ft 4 and 125kg so I have a lot of work to do but I am planning on working out daily for 5 or 6 days a week to try to get in the best shape that I can in that timeframe. I have seen so many transformations lately, that I finally believe that I too can do this! So I am looking for someone (or two) who would be interested in going on a weight loss and fitness journey 15 weeks with me. It would be great to have someone to chat to, check up on each others progress, maybe share before and after pics with, etc. If you're interested, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you

So the idea is to lose 80 pounds in 15 weeks? Not saying I wouldn't LOVE to do that ... I am just not sure I could. Again, I would love to do it because that would take care of my weight issue ... and then some. First, I would love to be sure that I have the amount right :-).
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,
    i have been slacking in working out,
    so i will be happy to buddy up with you,i really need this accountability feeling
    so i dont feel its ok to be snacking on what i shouldnt in the night,
    let make today the first successful day!! :)
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    QUOTE: ]So the idea is to lose 80 pounds in 15 weeks? Not saying I wouldn't LOVE to do that ... I am just not sure I could. Again, I would love to do it because that would take care of my weight issue ... and then some. First, I would love to be sure that I have the amount right :-).
    [/quote]

No, I haven't actually set a quantitative goal (of 80lb or otherwise). My intention is just to achieve the best result I can in 15 weeks. Not sure where you got 80 pound from?? That would be a tad unrealistic. If you had have said 70, then maybe. lol.

*the quote thing is not working for me.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    QUOTE: ]So the idea is to lose 80 pounds in 15 weeks? Not saying I wouldn't LOVE to do that ... I am just not sure I could. Again, I would love to do it because that would take care of my weight issue ... and then some. First, I would love to be sure that I have the amount right :-).

No, I haven't actually set a quantitative goal (of 80lb or otherwise). My intention is just to achieve the best result I can in 15 weeks. Not sure where you got 80 pound from?? That would be a tad unrealistic. If you had have said 70, then maybe. lol.

[/quote]

36.6kg is approx 80lbs. That's what your ticker says ... that's what I was going by LOL! Whew ... now I feel more like this might be a doable situation!
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    LOL - I have a wedding to attend in 20 weeks! Let's be buddies :-)
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So the idea is to lose 80 pounds in 15 weeks? Not saying I wouldn't LOVE to do that ... I am just not sure I could. Again, I would love to do it because that would take care of my weight issue ... and then some. First, I would love to be sure that I have the amount right :-).

Sounds very sensible... I find that when I have given my self a fixed goal it hasn't been as sucessful as I would like. If I do better than my goal, I tell myself that my goal was too easy, and if I miss it, I then get really depressed.... working as hard as your can but not concentrating on the weight seems to work the best for me. If you fancy adding me then feel free, I'm on here multiple times a day (even when I'm meant to be concentrating on my study). Good luck with losing weight before the wedding, and being happy with yourself which is one of the most important thing.
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like-my son is getting married in 39 weeks (OMG-it seems like just yesterday it was a whole year away lol!) and I am very motivated to look as good as possible in those wedding pictures ;)
  • phee
    Options
    Thx lovely peeps. Have added and accepted. Looking forward to doing this :)
  • MDChin
    MDChin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    15 weeks is a long time so its definitely possible to loose a fair bit depending on how motivated you are. Just make sure to look at your meals, and limit portion sizes each time you do (and to make sure the things you are eating are healthy). You'll see massive differences with this combined with working out nearly every day.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Add me please as well. I also have a wedding to attend in the exact same time frame. My husband's best friend is getting married 23Feb2013 and I really want to look my best. I don't have a specific weight loss goal in mind for that time but I would really like to tone whatever I've lost and be able to fit into a dress that doesn't make me feel and look like a cow in it, LOL

I may not be in the party but with my husband and son in it, I don't want to look like the fat friend who was left out either! ;)
  • bunsen_honeydew
    Options
    Don't forget your backup plan: photoshop!

(if it's good enough for the celebrities...)
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hey add me if you like, I am 45 with three grown up lads. I am quite focused and motivated. I am doing the p90x at the moment so that is 6 days out of 7 and I do other exercise too - I have about 36kg to go (I am also a "shortie" at 5 ft 2")
  • bettylippy
    Options
    Hi Phee
    Being new to this site I would love to have a buddy to check in and motivate each other with. I have lost 20 lbs for my wedding in july then put 15lbs back on since. with Thanksgiving coming up as well as Christmas I need to get a grip before I get way too out of control. I did start my weight work out regimen this past week and do plan on sticking with it.
    I will check back with you tomorrow night to see how your doing. You have 15 weeks to get into better shape and it is so very obtainable to do!!!
    Betty
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    i had a good day yesterday,my aim these 15 weeks is to be consistant,
    to stop being a pefectionist and to take this as a lifestyle change.
    looking forward t share this journey with you all
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    hope u all having a lovely weightlosing week
    hugs
  • phee
    Options
    Hi people,

Sorry, i did not see the recent posts. My notifications must not be working. I have set up a group for us so we are chatting over there. Check your inbox for an invite soon.

Im going really well so far, working out daily, lifting heavy, and increasing my cardio as I go. I'm with you Akosua! Just be consistent for these 15 weeks and then re-assess from there. We got this.
  • phee
    Options
    oh .... I had trouble with your invite earlier Bunsen, it kept saying invalid user name. But I have worked out the problem. I was not seeing the last two letters of your user name. All fixed now and invite sent.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    Options
    Thanks! I got it, and joined. I didn't realise when I made my name that the last two letters would be cut off! I would change it, but "bunsen_honey" might make me sound like some sort of Chemistry lab chick! Hmmm that might not be too bad actually...