Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Thats just crap the Crazy people on MFP try to get you on. Don't drink the Cat pee. Its absolutely false
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Heard that to lose weight and help your body digesting fore going to bed it's important not to eat after 6-7 pm does it work or u just need to wait 2-3 hours after dinner to go to bed?

Pure BS!!! I don't even eat dinner until 8:30 in the evening. If I'm hungry and it fits in my calories I eat up until the time I go to bed!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Eating at night makes me happy.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I was super happy when I started reading these forums and found out that meal timing was nonsense. :D

The reason people keep repeating it is because the late-night grabby snacks we tend to aim for are usually not the healthiest. Picture sitting in front of the TV, noshing on Lay's potato chips or Oreo cookies.

Just stay in a calorie deficit (for the fat loss), eat fresh, nutritious foods and stay decently active (for your health). Fixed! And you'll feel great. :flowerforyou:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    and give up my bedtime snack?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Don't drink the Cat pee.

Um, thanks for the tip. (awkward)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The only reason not to eat after a certain time is if it interferes with your sleep (ie you feel too full and/or uncomfortable) otherwise timing of meals / snacks makes no difference.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    While the time of day that you eat has no bearing on weightloss/gain at all, if you eat too close to your bed time, you might have digestive issues that give you bad dreams. If you are really unfortunate you will have the dreaded iguana dream. The iguana dream is so terrifying and unnerving that it will affect you until your dying day. So think twice before you eat late. You can thank me later.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    While the time of day that you eat has no bearing on weightloss/gain at all, if you eat too close to your bed time, you might have digestive issues that give you bad dreams. If you are really unfortunate you will have the dreaded iguana dream. The iguana dream is so terrifying and unnerving that it will affect you until your dying day. So think twice before you eat late. You can thank me later.

QFT
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you're not eating something at 5:26. All food that is consumed at 5:26 immediately turns into fat cells, has babies and multiplies in your tummy and thighs. So be careful.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how persistent this myth is.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Never let anyone eat late... or this will happen...

gremlins_2_the_new_batch_1990_495x313_145457.jpg
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Completely false.. Throughout my weight loss I've consistently eaten at 11pm or later before bed. As long as your calories are in check, you'll be fine
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    thursday night i ate 2,000 calories in steak, potatoes, and asparagus. i had fasted for 22 hours. i promptly fell asleep, and weighed myself in the morning. down two pounds.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I know that I eat all my foods before 6-6:30. It is a personal reason for me. I have an upset stomach when I go to bed with too much on it so it feels good to have the few hours to "process" my meal. I have tried eating at like 8 but going to bed at 9 it is wayyyyy too soon.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    All I know is that you shouldn't urinate more than every four hours. If you go more often you bladder doesn't have time to reset itself and thusly gets weaker and weaker until you're just pissing yourself all. the. time.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Don't drink the Cat pee.

Um, thanks for the tip. (awkward)

Dude I told you...you can't drink it until you put a little sugar in it. It will make it taste better duh
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you're not eating something at 5:26. All food that is consumed at 5:26 immediately turns into fat cells, has babies and multiplies in your tummy and thighs. So be careful.

This is a great question. I think the vote is that it doesnt matter when you eat as long as youre within your calorie specific requirement. I actually eat my meals with my eyes closed while thinking healthy thoughts. it works great!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    All I know is that you shouldn't urinate more than every four hours. If you go more often you bladder doesn't have time to reset itself and thusly gets weaker and weaker until you're just pissing yourself all. the. time.
    LMAO! I tried laughing silently at this since I'm at work; made it even more funny.