introducing myself

Options
Hi all.. I joined here about 2 weeks ago, and figure it's time to join the boards as well. I'm Jen. I'm happily married, and have 3 daughters (8, 6, and almost 4) whom I have stayed at home to take care of since I was pregnant with my first 8.5 years ago. I'm 29 years old, but will be turning 30 in 4 weeks. And I can honestly say that I never thought i would be here when I turned 30.

When I met my hubby almost 12 years ago, I weighed 125-130lbs. I was very happy with my body, I could fit into almost any style of clothing, I was very comfortable, felt sexy, looked good. But unfortunately life took it's twist and turns.. I gained about 65lbs when I switched birth control to the shot (depo) - in the span of no more than 3.5 months. By the time I got my life back on track due to the mental side effects from the shot, I hadn't lost anything. Went to WW and lost about 20lbs, and got another life twist with an unexpected pregnancy. The next 8 years my life was 100% focused on my 3 girls. I went 6.5 years straight pregnant, nursing or both. My body bounced back and forth, and gained more than lost.. And here I am today..

My starting weight on the 18th of Jan was 274lbs. *sigh* A big big number for someone who is 5'4".
I've lost a net of 4.8lbs.
My final (for now) goal is to reach 145lbs.. Once I reach that, i'll see how I feel about it. But for now, my goals are much much smaller than that. My first goal is 5% (about 13.5lbs), and then 10% (about 27lbs).

It's going to be a very long process, but I hope with the help of a community like this, that it'll go down alot more than up.

Replies

• jenstalder
    Options
    Hello Jen,

My name is Jen as well. I was once 250 pounds and am down to 187.. my goal is 150 by june..

I use to go to the gym and it didnt work fast enough for me. ... I found beachbody and have fallen in love with it.. lost 18 pounds in the first month and have decided to stick with the home workouts. I love them. I use one called turbo jams and have so much fun doing it. I can feel the burn and see results...Its nice when poeple that havnt seen me in a couple of weeks notice the change. I lasped over the holidays but am back at it.
    Here is my website.. you can join for free and have a free membership to log your workouts. You also get to register for monitary prizes for logging your workouts.. we also have supplements...
    I drink the choclate meal replacement shakes and love them.. they really are filling.. I would love to have you as a new friend and keep me motivated as well..
    LOL
    Good luck and look forward to talking to you later.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey!You are lucky to have a house full of little girlie toys and clothes-3 boys here,but 16,10 and 3 months!
    It sounds like you have done a very good job taking care of your family,so make sure you take care of yourself!
    I am not exactly sure how this is working,but I have been counting out the 1200 calories and just really riding my exercise bike for 30 minutes(the longest I can get my little son to stay in the swing or on his playmat) I eat an extra 450 for nursing ,and I am still managing to lose two pounds a week-just like they said...it was hard at first but then you get used to it.It all comes down to your choices.Natural fruits and unprocessed foods are the healthiest choices:smile: !
    Persistance pays off!You can do it! Good luck!