Anyone starting a C25k program today??

Options
I am! I was wondering if anyone else wand to start today and go through the program together :drinker:

Replies

• Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'LL START TODAY! :) LETS DO THIS
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    :drinker: CHEERS!
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    what is c25k?
  • pipeman1012
    Options
    what is c25k?

Couch to 5K
  • Ahlawek
    Options
    My daughter and I started a C25K program last summer...but for some reason stopped around week 4. I would like to start again and make it through to actually participating in a 5k run. I'm in...
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago, but got derailed as it hurt my knees and I needed new running shoes....I'm going to start again today:-)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday! Sunday I go to church and have a rest day.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :) so glad to have some people to do this with! I'll post in here after I do my first routine. Shouldn't be too long, I just have to wait until both kiddos are cooperating lol. It's a whole lot easier to jump on my treadmill now that I moved it into my living room! I can't wait to see how we all do :) I want updates lol
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    im curious as to which c25k program you guys are using? i see that there are a few different ones in my playstore. some for free and some for $$

cant wait to see how everyone does! remember! NO EXCUSES! happy running!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I got a free app on my iPod that is called c25k.. Which one r u using?
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in! Have to wait a bit to see if it warms up outside any...
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I did it! Well sort of... lol

runnin didn't happen I'm afraid. But i did 26 minutes doing intervals of 3mph and 4 mph. Best I could do for day 1. I will get better and be jogging in no time I'm sure. It was still a great workout and I was dripping sweat so I feel good about it :)

It may take me longer to complete the program than others, but I'm 100% committed!

How is everyone else doing with it!?

Lauren<3

Starting weight 298- Starting c25k at 265
  • krsloane
    Options
    I did it! Well sort of... lol

runnin didn't happen I'm afraid. But i did 26 minutes doing intervals of 3mph and 4 mph. Best I could do for day 1. I will get better and be jogging in no time I'm sure. It was still a great workout and I was dripping sweat so I feel good about it :)

It may take me longer to complete the program than others, but I'm 100% committed!

How is everyone else doing with it!?

Lauren<3

Starting weight 298- Starting c25k at 265

I started c25k last week. Finished my 6th workout today, and I'm still doing week 1. I have pushed through and done the jogging since day 1, but it is HARD! I do not feel ready to move on to the next level so I will be starting my 3rd week of week 1 this week, but it is getting easier. To add to mine (and at least make me not feel so inferior lol), I'm adding more walking to the end each day. I go 2.2 miles with the straight c25k week 1 workout, but today I went 3.6 miles total with the end all being fast paced walking (my average with jogging was 4.235 miles per hour). So stick with it and do it at your own pace, and we will get there - just maybe not in 9 weeks. I'm not active on the forums as life is just too busy, but if you want to friend me we can encourage each other on our walls.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Did week 1 day 1 and 2 a few weeks ago....did week 1 day 3 today....walk speed 3.5 and upped the run speed to 5.5 since I got new running shoes.....I am only 4'11" so that was hard for my short legs, but I did 1.8 miles then did my weight workout. Sunday is my long workout day because I don't work on Sunday....
  • kimharper13
    Options
    I'm starting today. I was walking 5-6 miles per day until I ended up with a stress fracture of my tibia. Since I could not walk I turned to swimming and biking for my cardio. I've enjoyed them so much that I got it into my head that I want to train for a sprint triathlon so I've been waiting for my tibia to heal so I could run. I've never been a runner so this will be something brand new for me but I really want to reach my goal of completing a sprint triathlon. After 10 weeks of allowing my tibia to heal my doctor has finally released me to run and I will start the C25K program this afternoon.
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Where were you guys 6 weeks ago!! I am doing mine on my treadmill at home and I am starting week 6 tomorrow. I am so nervous about weeks 7-9 and not sure if I can do them but I am sure going to try! Good luck to everyone just starting and I know you can do this :happy:
  • anollie17
    anollie17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    started yesterday!
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yay well done for getting out there and starting. The hardest part is putting your trainers on!

I just did the twenty minute run for week 5 day 3. I have been dreading it since the beginning but I did it! All the way through! I feel like a rock star. And I have always hated running.

I actually spent two weeks just going on brisk walks before I got the courage to begin. And even now my jog is only 4.5mph. The biggest thing that has helped me is running slooooowly. You can't run too slow. If it doesn't challenge you, you can speed up on the next workout, but better to go slowly and finish than burn yourself out on the first run and feel demoralised.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Good advice! I'm going to try to do it again tomorrow. I think my problem might be I'm a little afraid I'm going to fall off my treadmill lol I need practice :)
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yay! Day one done!