Replies

• chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    love lentils!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    OMG BUMP this sound SOO GOOD! Do you thin you could blend it in like a regular blender? I dont have the other kind

I haven't read all the posts to see if anyone has responded, but normally when you use a regular blender for soup you need to blend it in several batches (you probably don't want to fill the blender more than a third to half full), and you take the knob out of the top if it comes out and hold a dish towel over the hole (lets the heat escape without making a mess). I find this idea a little odd for lentil soup; I don't think the lentils would puree very well, and I'm not sure why you would want them to. Seems like it would be simpler just to overcook them, because lentils will generally break down into mush if cooked long enough. I'm in the U.S. and I know sometimes cooking terminology doesn't translate directly among the different English-speaking countries. I'm wondering if "hand blender" in the U.K. is what we would call a hand mixer in the U.S. -- used to beat eggs, whip cream, and mix cake batter for at least 50 years -- as opposed to what we call an immersion blender, a relatively new hand-held appliance in the last decade or so that can be used to puree soups in the pot. If it's more like a hand mixer, I'd recommend using a rotary egg beater or a whisk if you don't have a hand mixer, instead of transferring the soup to a regular blender.

Hand blender is an immersion blender.
  • aecordy
    Options
    Well my stray can of lentils are definitely getting a use now. This sounds so good, thanks !