Running Watch/GPS

Options
I'm looking for a good running watch. One with GPS that keeps track of time and distance. I don't want to break the bank on this. Any suggestions??

Replies

• johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm using a Timex run Trainer. It's quite a bit less expensive than the Garmin's but does everything I need it to do (for running, cycling, lifting). My recommendation is check out the reviews at dcrainmaker.com. He is an independent individual tri fanatic who is crazy about hrm/gps devices. He provides many great in depth reviews.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    exactly the site I used too... I was torn between the forerunner 110 or 210 from Garmin, ended up getting my 210 from ebay (only slightly more than the 110, well worth it, use it every day
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks!!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 10 - it's awesome and keeps track of everything. You can also set a "pacer" to which tells you if you are keeping up with the pace you set or not and it will do intervals - 20 minutes running / 1 minute walking. Excellent GPS watch!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone?

If so there are tons of apps that will track this exactly for free!

I use Map My Run I love it and rarely have problems with it. Although I've heard others do but there is another app which I can't remember the name of that tracks the same thing but apparently has less "bugs". But these apps are great ! And free!
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i wish i had my smart phone back. but i don't. i've been looking at the forerunner 10. it's looks pretty basic but will do what i want it to. i am going to shop around though just to make sure.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Dont forget to buy the heart monitor strap. That pissed me off that they don't tell you that you need to buy that too, unless you don't care about the calorie burn aspect.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Garmin Forerunner 110.. it is pretty basic and has the GPS and heart rate chest strap. So far, so good