Finding calories from unlabelled food?

Options
Hi,
Hoping someone can help, got 2 nice piece's of frying steak for tea tonight but it's just dawned on me, its not labelled so i'm not sure of the calorie content.

Iv checked the database and its not listed. Can anyone give me an idea of the calories for bog standard frying steak please?

Thank you

Replies

• ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb calculation for steak calories per serve is roughly 170 calories per 100 grams.

Calories in steak is based on a 3.5 ounce serving or 100 grams. Calories are approximate and can alter with fat marbling of the meat. Frying in fat will add lots of calories. You should grill meat and trim fat from the cut.

Please remember that a good size steak is usually around 450 grams, so if you have a big steak, multiply the calories consumed accordingly. Alarmingly a big steak (450 grams) comes out at 750 calories, so remember to take that into account when eating.

Fillet Steak (grilled) 210 calories per 3.5 ounces / 100 grams
    T-Bone Steak 182 Calories per 3.5 ounces / 100 grams
    Sirloin Steak lean 166 Calories per 3.5 ounces / 100 grams
    Rump Steak with fat (grilled) 220 Calories per 3.5 ounces / 100 grams
    Rump Steak with fat (fried) 250 Calories per 3.5 ounces / 100 grams
    Rump Steak lean only (grilled) 170 Calories per 3.5 ounces / 100 grams
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weigh it
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Tavistock toad - Of course I will weigh it but not knowing its calorie value means weighing it gets me no further

Ravenchick - Thank you for that, it helps a lot. I am planning to remove the fat a grill it as i rarely fry anything these days