FitBit AND BodyMedia

Options
Does anyone know if you can link both of these devices simultaneously to MFP or only one at a time? I am using both with very different readings. Right now I have the BMF linked but I am curious if they can both be linked without interfering with each other. I think it might be difficult, but I know there are a number of people who use both.

Anyone?

Replies

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Don't think so. The math is fuzzy already . You'd never get anything sensible if linked both. Seriously, one would always be conflicting with the other. I don't link either one .

Use them as TOOLS to determine your daily caloric needs. I think FB is a bit low, BM a bit high. I wore both simultaneously to get a feel for it. Since I weight lift, I felt the BM was more accurate ,but still a bit high. High based upon how I know my body responds to caloric intake. I blogged about my simultaneous findings.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am eating a small amount more than normal right now. Basically want to up my calories eventually to right around 1,900 and still lose if I can. I have been averaging between 1650-1800 most weeks and have been losing steadily, but very slowly (25 pounds since starting MFP in March). I have just over 20 pounds to hit goal and I know from my tummy I am most satisfied without feeling full at 1,900 calories per day. So I am using it as a tool, but when I link the FB it shows red all over my food profile and I don't like that! I do like the way FB tracks calories over time (have the premium) and too new to BMF to know how well I like the tracking there. Will just keep it linked to MFP for a month and then decide I guess.

Like you I too think FB underestimates and BMF overestimates. I just want my 1,900 calories a day ;)