Feel sad fat and ugly :(

Options
As title. Feeling really, really low about myself today, not upbeat or excited about the future like i have been.

Did my bellydancing class and felt like an uncordinated whale.

Honestly feel like if i went running tonight, someone would throw a bottle at my head because i am that ugly, fat and horrid.

Desperate :(

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have feelings like that - all you can see is the dark cloud, not the silver lining. Make an effort to turn your thoughts and feelings toward the positive - write about the things you are grateful for, watch a comedy, listen to music you love - whatever it takes. Try to see yourself through your husband's eyes.
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Oh what a shame that your class didn't make you feel brilliant. You are already beautiful to the people that matter to you, and you've lost soooo much already! But if it makes you feel any better, I do belly dancing too and I always feel I dance like a fraggle! Has anything else changed that is making you feel low? Are you eating enough? I get really tearful if I haven't eaten enough calories.
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    We all have our moments where we are down in the dumps. Just keep going! I know that sounds like an easy answer, but honestly, the endorphins are going to spike through the movement. whatever you do, don't sit down and dwell on this sh***y feeling, b/c then you will feel worse, and then you can become a couch potato who just gave up. YOU OWN THIS! YOU HAVE THIS! So what if earlier in the morning you weren't feeling too confident....you are doing this lifestyle change so that YOU GAIN CONFIDENCE. love yourself and tell yourself that you are worth is, because YOU ARE! go in front of the mirror and tell yourself to SNAP OUT OF IT! and say, "im going to do this because I CAN and i want to be HEALTHY" now shake it off and go for a walk, turn the music on loud and dance it out, tackle that room that needs to be cleaned or that garage etc. just move!
  • aabhudson
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes. Just an overwhelming wave of depression and feeling fat. I hope you can pull yourself out of it because believe me, I know how detrimental it can be to your success. But you've lost 20kg! That's incredible! Just look back at where you came from and try to see where you are going
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Feeling the same way today. Think I'm gonna go curl up on the couch.
  • 4kuykesh
    4kuykesh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel discouraged and dislike what I see in the mirror. It is during those times that I think about some of the more positive things around me. What a blessing to wake up in the morning and simply have the strength and stamina to even get through a belly dancing class! What is beautiful is the awareness that you have and perseverance to take steps to live a healthier lifestyle and the fact that you've already made really good progress. Hang in there, you can do this! Take Care!!
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    Oh darling, you are absolutely gorgeous, its just one of those days on which you can´t feel it. Don´t worry, this will pass. You should hug your lovely kids and don´t forget to look into their eyes and see how they think of you like the most beautiful and strong and amazing and wonderful lady on earth.

I wish you a wonderful rest weekend.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I had a few fish-fingers yesterday because we ran out of food/money for food so we had to eat what is there

I am generally gluten free so i think that might have something to do with how i am feeling right now.

blergh

We are having baked potatoes for tea, again because thats the only thing we have in the house to eat!

Tomorrow is a new day, full of nature walks with the toddler and being happy whether you want to be or not...

I might go for a run tonight. Not schedueled to and it will be a double day of running, but i think i need it x
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I kept a pair of pants from when I started. When I feel bad, I go put them on and look in the mirror.
  • trish945
    trish945 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great answer!! Everyone gets down, but dwelling on it usually makes it worse. I think one of the smartest things I've learned is if the body leads, the thoughts will follow. If I feel like crap, but force myself to still go to the gym, still do my errands, etc. etc. I end up feeling a whole lot better than if I sit around.

Getting something done, taking even one step toward your goal is a great feeling!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    As title. Feeling really, really low about myself today, not upbeat or excited about the future like i have been.

Honestly feel like if i went running tonight, someone would throw a bottle at my head because i am that ugly, fat and horrid.

You were doing really well just a couple of days ago - feel better tomorrow, huh?

Anyway, if I ever tried bellydancing you could sell tickets
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I've been belly dancing for two months & some thing that you need to understand, honey, is that belly dancers are MADE -- not born. Keep it up & you'll be fine. I still feel that way when doing grapevines to switch sides for hip lifts/ hip drops -- & I want to go pro, so imagine how I must feel? :)

Enjoy the dance, practice everyday, continue working hard, & one day you will be an amazing dancer with wonderful control, grace, & poise. I bet you look great while dancing!

Looking in the mirror & noticing that you're 'off' in your movements is actually a great skill, I would say. You'll be able to know what's wrong with how you move & fix it so that it looks proper. Take this as a learning opportunity, & never stop dancing. Good luck! :heart:
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say what great post have been done here and it's great to see so many people being so surportive for a fellow MFP user
  • _Croix_
    Options
    We all have our lows and our highs! It's called being human!! But the trick is to not let the bad days control your being! Put on dome good music and just go for a walk... Clear your head and get some extra endorphins!!

Tomorrow is a new day!! Deep breath... The funk will pass!!
  • TamiJillSM08
    TamiJillSM08 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say what great post have been done here and it's great to see so many people being so surportive for a fellow MFP user

Huge 2nd to this! Everyone has those off days, but to the original poster - noticing your ticker you've lost a lot! Obviously you're doing something right and have a lot to be proud of. Try to find something today to make you laugh from deep in your core and some of that silver lining will show back up.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    NO YOU ARE NOT!!!! You are here and making a difference in your health and life! Get out and go for a walk and enjoy the crisp fall air and re-energize.....you can do this! Feel free to add me if you like - I can be a good cheerleader lol
  • amandahahn85
    amandahahn85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We all have our moments where we are down in the dumps. Just keep going! I know that sounds like an easy answer, but honestly, the endorphins are going to spike through the movement. whatever you do, don't sit down and dwell on this sh***y feeling, b/c then you will feel worse, and then you can become a couch potato who just gave up. YOU OWN THIS! YOU HAVE THIS! So what if earlier in the morning you weren't feeling too confident....you are doing this lifestyle change so that YOU GAIN CONFIDENCE. love yourself and tell yourself that you are worth is, because YOU ARE! go in front of the mirror and tell yourself to SNAP OUT OF IT! and say, "im going to do this because I CAN and i want to be HEALTHY" now shake it off and go for a walk, turn the music on loud and dance it out, tackle that room that needs to be cleaned or that garage etc. just move!

THIS!!
    Don't get disheartened when you have already made it as far as you have! I have those days too, where I just hate myself and what to cry and eat a whole tub of ice cream or lots of sugar or whatever. Keep your chin up and keep moving forward. Look at pictures. Look at the weight you have already lost. Do you want to give it all up just because you have a bad day? I know you can do it! Good luck! :happy:
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Do something about it. Eat well,work out,smile and treat yourself. Then look into the mirror and feel proud that your doing something about it.:smile:
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options

I absolutely agree, thank you so much everyone for your kind words x i really appreciate it xxxxxx
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

I felt this way especially when I started this journey. Amazingly I still feel this way at times even in maintenance when everyone tells me I shouldn't. We are all human. We have good days and bad days, all of our lives. The tools you find and use to get out of a funk will serve you the rest of your life, and you will always need them. I call it sharpening your sword for battle and you will always need to keep your blade sharp for the rest of your life. We may get to relax at times for a few moments, but life is a bit of work until the end.

There is nothing easy about this journey. Don't give up. Keep your eye on the prize. You do not have to be perfect to do this. You just have to have more good days than not. A bad day is not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day. Just pick it right up again. Be kind to yourself at all times and never beat yourself up.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

For me it's all about a calorie budget. I had less of a budget available when I was losing weight, more to spend now that I'm maintaining and all the tools I used for weight loss come into play for the rest of my life maintaining.

When you have accumulated excess fat, you have accumulated a debt. It is hard to pay off the debt (you have less calories to spend). If you are sitting next to someone your same gender and height and they are not overweight and you are, they get to eat more than you (have more calories to spend) because they are debt free. You have less calories to spend because you are paying off your debt.