Do you work out at the gym?

Options
I wanted a little help from you gym users.... I have been at my gym now for 2 months and I do 6x a week cardio and 3x a week strength training. But for cardio tend to stick with the Arc trainer and I love that machine but I'm afraid my body is going to get use to it so I've been trying to do 20 min on Arc trainer, 20 min on treadmill and 20 min on spinning bike. What do you guys do? Should you switch it up like that? Any thoughts would be so helpful!!

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of strength training, weights and interval training, but also a lot of cardio. I use the rowing machine, cross trainer, stationary bike, as well as a couple of classes (step & LBT). I sometimes swim and I run at the weekend. It helps to mix up your routine and keep challenging yourself.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to switch. Do what you want.

I focus in lifting. Cardio is secondary. Somedays I do low intensity somedays high.
  • Jerodhold
    Options
    It's good to change it up a bit every couple of weeks, by either doing a different exercise or using heavier weights of doing more reps and sets, or just increasing the intensity. I like to change up my workouts every 4-6 weeks. And with strenght training, I try to increase my weights by 5-10lbs every week or two.