Gluten and other allergen free food ideas?!

Options
Hi MFP'ers. So, I've recently started seeing someone new, a great guy. Intelligent, funny, sweet, we get along great. We both have fitness goals (he wants to gain muscle and cardio endurance, and I'm looking to lose weight/also increase my endurance) and we both would like to learn to parkour around the university campus. I'd love to cook yummy, healthy paleo-ish meals for him, but he has a lot of food allergies and intolerance including gluten, eggs, garlic, citrus fruits, and dairy along with various food dyes and additives. WTF do I cook for him? I was thinking quinoa dishes with fish and meats, soups, and plain veg and fruit, but uh...what else? Anyone have any resources I could use? I'm seriously considering going grain-free for him to make it easier on both of us when we go out to eat and eat together, but I'm a little lost seeing as I love eggs and milk.

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Try to find vegan recipes, they will naturally be egg and dairy free. You can cook beans, lentils, veggies, rice, quinoa...really there is a huge amount of foods he can eat. Vegan Indian dishes would be fantastic.