I'm almost done, but here for those beginning

Options
Greetings,

I began my weight loss journey in March of 2013 after receiving surprising results after my annual physical. Elevated blood pressure for me (as an ex-athlete my normal blood pressure has been and always was low) 130 over something ridiculous and the one that scared me the most. High cholesterol. My doctor wanted to put me on a statin, I begged and told him I can do this, no more meds, give me 6 months and he acquiesced.

I realized the only difference between my last healthy physical and this one was my weight. I had managed to maintain my weight for the majority of my life, in the beginning, the wrong way, I did have an eating disorder. No one teaches you how to eat when you are no longer a fine tuned athlete, in fear of gaining weight, i'd binge, then not eat for as long as humanly possible, then binge again, all the while exercising ridiculously. WRONG!

I have since learned through a wonderful trainer many years ago what I need to do to maintain a healthy weight, the formula is different for all of us.

With that said and done I am 5'4" and my weight had ballooned to 178 due to the marriage comfort cooking and quitting smoking.

I began my weight loss aggressively using the HCG diet and it worked, however, I had more weight to lose and found I lost as much weight on the HCG diet as I did off of it in the same amount of time, that is just what it took for me personally to launch my weight loss odyssey. I reached my initial goal weight of 146 by mid July of 2012. I revised my weight loss goal to my ideal weight which is within 10 lbs. of my highschool weight to 132 and am kind of stuck but at least I haven't gained the weight back.

I have some health issues and can no longer workout the way I used to, this weight has been lost by 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and 400 situps as well as changing how and what I eat. If anyone is stuck, frustrated, feeling like quitting, DON'T!!!

It is worth everyday of frustration, letting go of your comfort food crutches, saying buh bye to restaurant junk, and learning to enjoy new foods, simple foods and the health benefits it brings.

My cholesterol is normal, my blood pressure is back to low and I haven't felt this good since I was 26.

I DID IT! YOU CAN DO IT. But just because you reach your goal doesn't mean the battle is over. Maintaining is just as challenging at times as losing the weight, especially with winter upon us many of us lose the desire to remain active. Stay strong, be creative and lets keep those pounds off.

Best regards,

Moda Cycle