• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    very cool, thank you!
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    thats a nice little tool.

However it would be amazing if you could but the units you want the measurements next to all the factors.

Could just be me being Australian and all, but I'm pretty sure some of my answers were incorrect.

Especially VO2. I ended up using ml.kg.min figure as L.min didn't work out too well, but I don't even know if thats how you measure it over there.

But other than that still nice concept, the most concise version of that type of battery i've yet seen.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    thats a nice little tool.

However it would be amazing if you could but the units you want the measurements next to all the factors.

Could just be me being Australian and all, but I'm pretty sure some of my answers were incorrect.

Especially VO2. I ended up using ml.kg.min figure as L.min didn't work out too well, but I don't even know if thats how you measure it over there.

But other than that still nice concept, the most concise version of that type of battery i've yet seen.

it is (we use ml/kg/min as well), what's your VO2 Max? I can tell you if you're using the right number.
  • Melissa09x
    Options
    bump :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    debating if I want my health "assed" :wink:...... yeah, I probably do :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm a 9! That's my lucky number. :smile:

Um.... but 50 lbs heavier and 2 years younger and I was an 8. :indifferent:

*pout* I'd better get in gear. :frown:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    self-bump
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I keep reading *kitten*_ES :tongue: :wink: :laugh:

he built *kitten* for our health teehee:huh: :bigsmile:

Ok, too early and feeling silly...........have a great day Boss:glasses:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I keep reading *kitten*_ES :tongue: :wink: :laugh:

he built *kitten* for our health teehee:huh: :bigsmile:

Ok, too early and feeling silly...........have a great day Boss:glasses:

You WISH lady! :wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    just wanted to give this a little bump
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This is great, I can't wait to get the remaining numbers to try this out.

I'm planning on getting my VO2 Max & body fat tested at the local university. For the body fat testing, I've heard of 3 different ways to get it done: skinfold, bioimpedence & body pod (?) The university offers the skinfold and bioimpedence... are there any other ways out there? I would think the bioimpedence (from what I've read) would be more accurate than the skinfold test? And what do I need to do to prepare for the body fat testing VO2 testing in order to get somewhat accurate results? Are there dos/don'ts to follow before getting tested?? (Such as: water consumption, food consumption, restroom use...ect). I figured you would be the man to know Banks... I've put this site as a favorite to use once I get the testing done. yippie!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This is great, I can't wait to get the remaining numbers to try this out.

I'm planning on getting my VO2 Max & body fat tested at the local university. For the body fat testing, I've heard of 3 different ways to get it done: skinfold, bioimpedence & body pod (?) The university offers the skinfold and bioimpedence... are there any other ways out there? I would think the bioimpedence (from what I've read) would be more accurate than the skinfold test? And what do I need to do to prepare for the body fat testing VO2 testing in order to get somewhat accurate results? Are there dos/don'ts to follow before getting tested?? (Such as: water consumption, food consumption, restroom use...ect). I figured you would be the man to know Banks... I've put this site as a favorite to use once I get the testing done. yippie!

Also...if I get the bioimpedence done at the University...do you think that is more accurate than a home scale that calculates your body fat %? Or, what things make a bioimpedence test more accurate? I just want to have an idea before I go in and have this all done.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    check with the school for the VO2 and Body fat. But I doubt it's anything magic. Usually for vo2 type tests they tell you not to exercise the day of the test and to keep any exercise the day before light. But body fat probably won't be too much of an issue. I imagine if it's electrical impedance, then you should ask them about water guidelines as electrical impedance is very sensitive to hydration levels.

As to which one is more accurate, professional electrical impedance scales are usually pretty accurate if you use it correctly, but hydrostatic testing and the Bod Pod are slightly more accurate. The BEST one is DEXA (Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry), but these machines are super expensive so you usually can't find them around.

the home bio-electrical impedance machines are rubbish usually.
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    bump
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump