I like to PICK...

Options
....that's why mini candy bars, cookies or potato chips are an easy snack because because they are convenient and tasty. But I want desperately to eat healthier things. So what could you suggest would be an easy PICK that's healthy that I can chomp on throughout the day? Even almonds, albeit healthy, are loaded with calories and fat if we eat a lot of them. Help! Thanks!

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Granola, veggies, fruit, rice cakes, fiber crisps, yogurt, goldfish crackers ( the plain ones you can have like 42 which tricks my brain into thinking I'm having a huge snack ), hardboiled egg ( if you like.. i hate ), small piece of cheese ( babybel, wedge, light ), pretzels, peanutbutter.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    scabs.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I like to do that, too. Unfortunately I decided that was what was making me so fat - it's hard to keep track of a bite of this and a pinch of that, etc.

So now I have meals. It works better and is much easier to track.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    scabs.

or your nose
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    scabs.

or your nose

heh.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling "snacky" (and I have the carbs available) I have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. It's a great snack and it lasts.. and whole grains.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Pickles.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE chips and guacamole.. so I'll take la tortilla factory tortillas (they make some lower cal options), cut them into wedges and crisp them in the oven, and have them with a guacamole salad full of diced tomatoes, onions, etc. or homemade salsa. :-)
  • MrsSandyD
    Options
    Scabs...? What's that? lol O_o
  • yesiamsosassy
    Options
    Hi my name is Ronda.. I just joined myfitnesspal in hopes of it helping keep track of everything so I can lose some weight. I weigh 250lbs and I am 5 2' and I am a diabetic and have fibromyalgia so exercising is a real challenge for me. Eating is even harder due to diabetes and I must have carbs, which makes me gain weight. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for snacks I can eat that will help keep my blood sugar up without making me fat. Also if anyone knows of an exercise program that won't kill me and make fibro stop me from moving. I just did a program called Sit and Be Fit but I think I need something a little harder than that to help with my weight loss..
    Thanks Ronda
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    scabs.

or your nose
    Wedgies :blushing: