Did anyone gain weight the first week of the 30 D Shred??

Options
What were your results after the first week of level one of the 30 Day Shred??

Replies

• kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes, I gained both times I've done it on about day 4 or 5, but lost inches.

I'm only on week 2 now so we'll see how it pans out but I gained 4lbs this past week and lost 1" off both waist and belly.

I'm putting it down to water weight from muscle repair and possibly a bit of muscle gain too, if you can build it in that amount of time.

My advice would be to only weigh at the end of every level (if you can resist!) and take more notice of the inches you lose or how your clothes fit. The scale doesn't take into account your body composition so if you're burning fat and replacing it with lean muscle, you may actually weight the same but look totally different.

Keep it up!
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, I gained both times I've done it on about day 4 or 5, but lost inches.

I'm only on week 2 now so we'll see how it pans out but I gained 4lbs this past week and lost 1" off both waist and belly.

I'm putting it down to water weight from muscle repair and possibly a bit of muscle gain too, if you can build it in that amount of time.

My advice would be to only weigh at the end of every level (if you can resist!) and take more notice of the inches you lose or how your clothes fit. The scale doesn't take into account your body composition so if you're burning fat and replacing it with lean muscle, you may actually weight the same but look totally different.

Keep it up!

- This! I lost weight and cm by the end of the program.Do not fear if you gained weight as that is just water weight. Befriend the tape measure as that will keep you motivated as you see the cm melt away! Good luck xo
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe I did. Trust in the process! As long as you are eating right and exercising you are progressing. Your body is going to go through some awkward stages you just need to roll with it and remember this is a marathon not a sprint.
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm trying to do lots of cardio to maybe balance it out so I won't gain . . . I'm nervous to see a gain on the scale!!