Anybody use Wii Fit?

Options
I have Wii Fit, and I haven't used it all that much - to me, it just seems like too much of a hassle to get the Wii set up to do all those balance-related activities! Has anyone used it for any length of time and had success in losing weight with it?

Replies

• SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love my wii fit!! I do feel like I get a decent workout from it, there are even some groups on here for wii fit users.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hey, my first 20 lbs or so was from Wii Fit Plus! It's worth the hassle, and really there is no hassle. You plug in the wires & GO GO GO!
    Best workout is Rhythm Boxing on Expert, and Free Run is a pretty good burn, too!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Yep, and I like mine too. Setting it up was really very little hassle, and the balancing games are the least of what I play. Set up is not bad at all, simply place the board on the floor. For me it has been the perfect tool to ease myself into an exercise routine. I am always in a sweat by the time I am done with it, and it feels good. I haven't been on it regularly enough to see if it's helping with the weight loss, but it is my goal this month to do it 6 days of the week, so we will see! Surely you can lose weight with it if you choose the more intensive exercises on it. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.
  • princessbee728
    Options
    Well, after hearing all this, maybe I should give it a try! :) It's just that in most of the places I've lived in recently, I've had to take everything down and set it all back up whenever I want to play Wii, because the apartment's too small. I have a little more room here, though, so hopefully that'll help.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    I have both the wii fit & the wii active. I like the active ALOT better than the fit. With the fit you have to do one exercise at a time and you waste alot of "time" & can't really get your HR up and stay up. with the active you get a whole workout at the level you choose & it's a nice mix of strength & cardio. You should check it out.
  • SimonACousins
    SimonACousins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii. I purchased My Fitness Coach 2, Wii Fit, Wii Fit 2, Active Personal Trainer and Wii Sports. Active Personal Trainer is awesome and is making me workout at a good pace with interesting and motivational activities. Wii Sports give me a good version of tennis which I very much enjoy and also get a good workout from. In the past I have purchased various home gym items but the lack of drive from either a personal trainer at a gym or a computer equivalent meant the keep fit items gathered dust. I've lost 13 pounds so far, as I enter week 2, from my personal 1 month goal of (around) 40lbs.

So, I'd highly recommend Active Personal Trainer. Good luck everyone with their ongoing goals and personal choices in reaching them.
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I have both the wii fit & the wii active. I like the active ALOT better than the fit. With the fit you have to do one exercise at a time and you waste alot of "time" & can't really get your HR up and stay up. with the active you get a whole workout at the level you choose & it's a nice mix of strength & cardio. You should check it out.

The Active is awesome. I can't believe that six months ago I could barely make it through the 15 minute easy workout. Now I do pretty good on the hardest intesity, except I hurt myself doing the kick ups. (My doc actually said its a bad exercize and I'm not alowed to do it anymore. lol) Otherwise I really work up a sweat and feel awesome. When my hubby comes home from deployment I'm getting him a set of the leg strap and band so he can do it with me. It's also cheaper than the Wii fit for anyone who is thinking about purchasing it.
  • SimonACousins
    Options
    I've just burned off 0.5lb on tonight's exercises with my Active workout. As an asthma sufferer (albeit well under control and mild compared to others) I am surprised to not feel out of breath with the Wii Active. I have no urge to reach for the inhaler. I am committed to persistence with my 30 Day Challenge (and way beyond) and the fact that it is a lot of fun too is a great help.

One comment I have about the Wii Fit (and Wii Fit Plus) is that I think it is downright rude compared to Active, which is obviously far from motivational. ;)
  • SimonACousins
    Options
    Yep, and I like mine too. Setting it up was really very little hassle, and the balancing games are the least of what I play. Set up is not bad at all, simply place the board on the floor. For me it has been the perfect tool to ease myself into an exercise routine. I am always in a sweat by the time I am done with it, and it feels good. I haven't been on it regularly enough to see if it's helping with the weight loss, but it is my goal this month to do it 6 days of the week, so we will see! Surely you can lose weight with it if you choose the more intensive exercises on it. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.

Another nice thing about Wii Active (no I don't work for the software developer, honest... lol) is that it shows a calendar with rest days. I just play a bit of tennis and watch tv and don't feel guilty at all about not pushing 7 days of solid workouts.
  • qtie0
    qtie0 Posts: 4
    Options
    Used both the wii fit and the wii active , hands down wii active is better , keeps your HR up , and changes up the excerise every couple of mins ...