If you don't know where you are going

Options
, you'll end up someplace else

I've had some peopIe recently ask how I manage to stay consistent. It's simple (not easy, but simple)... I'm no longer very spontaneous, at least in the area of eating ;P No more "I don't care, where do you want to eat?" No more perusing the freezer for dinner ideas 10 minutes before dinner should be served.

For the past 11 months, I've repeated the mantra Fail to plan - Plan to fail. Recently, I saw this comment on a friend's feed and it sums my philosophy up perfectly... "Pre-logging is looking at the price tag before you make the purchase"

I try to log a day ... or at least a meal ... BEFORE I eat it. That's it. Simple, right? I know instantly if that pat of butter and sprinkle of cheese or bacon (mmm...bacon) is going to be a good idea. No more "a Blooming Onion has HOW MANY calories and serves HOW MANY people? *&@%#^!*&!!" scenarios at 11 PM.

The only thing more simple... and even more important... is not letting a mistake derail a day, week, month, year. Still not easy, but certainly simple.

Replies

• chogue55
    Options
    Love your mantra! It looks like it is really working and I appreciate your post!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • fbandit14
    fbandit14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are very wise!!!!! Thanks for sharing
  • erinnm
    erinnm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I'm at the beginning of my journey and tips like yours are really valuable..
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss great post
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If only, I can use that for everyday life.

Simple fact is I do not know where I am going. It's one step at a time for me.

Congrads on how far you come. Be proud of that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!