special event coming up I sabotage any weight loss effects

Options
Hi, like the tittle says if I have a special event coming up it's always been a cycle that I put on weight before the event - when I want to lose. I can't be the only one going through this, how did you get over it? I need to break this this year, any help? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't know. "They" say there's a pay-off in everthing we do. What's yours?

I figured out that I was stuffing myself to the point of misery almost every day because then all I could feel was miserable and numb. I couldn't do anything about the really hard problems in my life. Now that I'm not stuffing myself, I'm finding out just how difficult things really are.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    i can relate to that, i eat to push down feelings and try to get a 'high' from food...sounds a bit weird i know. but then mess up so bad i feel a real urge to eat good again, and round and round i go.......
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do the same.. I am a horrible emotional eater its something I have struggled with all my life and I am still trying to get a handle on it and some times easy to control and others its really difficult. Good luck to you if you would like support add me... I can totally relate. :/
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    The goal to successful weight loss is to preserve as much muscle as possible, or possibly even gain some, while at the same time lose as much body fat as possible.
    try to maintain a proper diet plan.MUST DO EXERCISE daily...You can use a daily plan in that as well. Sometimes doing exercise all alone gets bit boring so for that you can as someone to accompany you(trust me that really helps).then slowly you will realize that your weight is actually getting reduced.
    gud luck for the event :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    isnt your life a special enough event to lose weight and be healthy for?

i would think that using a special event as a motivator to lose weight is a bit short sighted. just make a plan to change your entire lifestyle and lose weight gradually as opposed to trying to do it all at once for a one time event
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Be accountable. If you go over you calories work them off thats what I did tonight. I wanted a chocolate bar but I didn't want to go over in calories, sooooo I made a bet with myself burn them off. I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill bouncing between at 3.5 @ 5incline and 3.2 @ 10 incline. Im so happy with myself I would have never done this before. I would of just ate the chocolate bar and said oh well.