Anyone who is also trying to lose 50+ pounds???

Options
I'm 21 yrs old and am new to this. I want to lose 60 pounds all together, but my real reason for joining was because once I lose 30 pounds we can start TRYING to have a baby. I really want to be a mom, but a healthy one. I weigh 211 right now. I hope to lose the other 30 by the time I actually get pregnant. Anyways long story short I would LOVE to have more friends on here. I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS!

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs at age 50 after spending most of my life overweight and obese.

You can do this! Best of luck to you. -Bobbie
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 50. You can friend me if you want.
  • cstarkscowper
    Options
    WOW that is soooo AMAZING you look GREAT! I would have never thought you were 50 :) I wanna look like you at 21 lol! Congrats and thanks for the support!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Ive lost a little over 30 pounds and i would like to lose another 50, but would be okay with another 30. I dont eat green, and i have a cheat day every saturday (including lots of beer!) I believe in portion control and moving a little more each day!

I am a mother of two teenage daughters, one is autistic. I am a stay at home, disabled mother with an amazing husband and support system. I log daily and my diary is open (although it isnt great at the moment because my recent meds have caused me to have ZERO appetite.. so my numbers are WAY low) but it will pick back up! =)

I dont comment as often as I like, because i home school my daughter, and dispite the fact that i stay at home, i DO exercise a lot and i like to keep busy! (i also dont log that a lot, since i dont eat back my exercise calories rright now anyway! but once in awhile i do) but i do answer anything posted to my wall and every message every day! I log EVERY thing that goes into my mouth. No exceptions. I am very diciplined with that.

Love you have you as a friend! My name is Heather! :heart:
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've got about 75 left to lose. Feel free to add me :)
  • Renee2817
    Renee2817 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 60 lbs to go to reach my goal weight. I am with you.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm on daily and log religiously. 35# down will another 20# to go. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have 50 lbs. to lose to reach my goal. Please feel free to add me.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lose another 52lbs friend me if you wish :0)
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like, I have 80 pounds left to lose to make my goal of losing 100.
  • MochaCee
    Options
    I am looking to lose 60 lbs for the very same reason. I want to get pregnant within the next 6 months. I am going to try to do 30 days of food tracking.
  • AngryCurseWords
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 50+ pounds. I am a year older than you. It looks like you're doing this for positive reasons. Well done reaching out for support, that's something that took me a while to figure out. I wish you well!
  • runswithwolf
    Options
    Good thinking ! The healthy you are before becoming pregnant the better ! fitnesspal.com is a great motivator, as you fill in the food and exercise logs each day....it motivates you to stay on target. Good start is to cut out any processed foods, processed grains ( bread, pasta, etc ), and sugars. When you see on your log for example, you would of been in your calorie range that day if you had just not had that cola.....it motivates not to have it. Generally for women 1200 calories a day is what is needed for weight loss, and below that would be unhealthy. Exercise cardiovascular at least 30 min a day for 3 days, more once you get going. Wishing the best and success !!
  • cstarkscowper
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the add and I'm trying to add as well. Your stories are truly inspiring. I am ready to do this and want to make this like my new facebook lol. I am very serious about all of this. I WANT THIS
  • cstarkscowper
    Options
    So i cant send anymore requests? Apparently there is limit. SO please PLEASE add me :) THANK YOU
  • neoblues856
    Options
    Hi! im also trying to lose 50 pounds and u can add me if you'd like :)
    Ive been losing inches weekly but no pounds so im looking for additional support as well.
    Good luck to you!!
  • cstarkscowper
    Options
    THANK you so much for all the help :)
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you want (and everyone else for that matter):smile:
    I wanna get pregnant AND healthy, so I need to loose lbs and get a lifestyle change.
    Together we can make it!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose more than 50! Friend me if you want!
  • isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose and I am also losing the weight so me and my husband can start trying to have a baby :D... Feel free to add me!!