Good Stuffing Recipe

Options
pinkakira1
pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
Ok I need some help.

I want to make a good healthy stuffing recipe. My husband don't like sausage and I would prefer not to have meat in it but chicken broth or something I am fine with. I would like to even make my own broth so some ideas would be good too. Also I wanted to make a bread based stuffing not corn bread. I am making green chile corn bread with my meal.

Any help would be great. I am going to try different things tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    whoa.... people put meat in stuffing? O________o
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I put tons of celery and onions in mine. It lowers the calories a ton and tastes so good!
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I make a stuffing recipe using onions, sage, breadcrumbs, ricotta spinach and nutmeg, it is delicious! I even changed the ricotta to a low fat cream cheese and it was still good!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law makes an excellent turkey stuffing. Its a loaf of stuffing bread cut into squares. The turkey gizzards and the neck are boiled with the onions and celery and bells seasoning (the yellow box with the turkey on it). When everything is soft the veggies and gizzards are chopped up finely (and the neck usually goes to the dog lol). Mix the veggies, bread, and gizzard and use the water from the boil to moisten is to your preference. It's very basic but it always comes out delicious.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I got this from my father. He has made it forever!

so you want to try to make stuffing. take onions and celery and saute them in butter to soften, break as much bread that you think that you need , add 1 to 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning or what smells like you have enough,add one or two eggs depending how much you make then add chicken broth to make a wet dressing when it feels sticky then you have enough, mix well with your lily white hands.pam crock pot cook 3-4 hrs on high or 8 hrs. on low.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I make a stuffing recipe using onions, sage, breadcrumbs, ricotta spinach and nutmeg, it is delicious! I even changed the ricotta to a low fat cream cheese and it was still good!

I make mine like this minus the ricotta, spinach and nutmeg. Add in chicken broth.

It is also all about the smell. If it smells good, it's good to go.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe for stuffing made in a crockpot?
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Id love to try this. Do you have the recipe ? I looked online but couldn't find anything. thanks.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe for stuffing made in a crockpot?

The one I posted is for the crock pot.