ANGER destroying your appetite

Options
In-laws have got to be the rudest, most frustrating creatures ever to walk this planet. Without the details, my fiance's mother said something so rude and insulting to us an hour ago that I'm still seething... and have 700 calories left for the day. Absolutely no desire to eat: to %#*$*@&$ angry. He's still "explaining" to her that what she said was awful, so I'm turning to MFP for some solace. This is not one of my best moments, to be sure.

What's a girl to do? It's 8:40pm my time and I have work tomorrow morning, so no time to hit something at the gym pretending it's her smug face. Like I need to burn any more calories, right? lol Not much time to cook before bed, either. Quick, healthy meal with a lot of calories? I'm just too upset to think correctly.

Folks with terrible in-laws, how do you deal?

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I can understand...........take a HOT shower :) Maybe not alone :)
  • aprilf
    aprilf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't have in-laws, but I've had a pretty good string of crappy relationships and stuff happening. I walk. I grad my dog's leash and the two of us hit the sidewalk and go until I cool off. Yes, there's been a few times I've had a nice 3 mile walk in an hour or less and cried during a good part of it. Tonight, I got caught on my angry walk by some co-workers, but luckily, but then, I'd chilled out a bit. But I felt better and had my focus back. And my dog loved every minute of it!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    My father-in-law, eurgh I can't STAND him!! Unfortunately though he makes me the same as you sometimes, not wanting to eat. Grr. So unfortunately I don't have any suggestions. :indifferent:
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    Anger actually makes me hungry, lol. When I get irritated all I want are some carbs. Candy bars, cookies, something thick like pastries from starbucks. So I guess good job on going opposite of me. However, I have been married 11 years and my mil is bipolar and can drive anyone crazy. You need to ignore them, and go spend some time alone with your honey. My honey is across the world and I would kill for that. So go spend some time with him and share something good to eat with him. You could also watch a movie together or like the other person said, take a shower. ;)
  • lydiabeth4
    Options
    Anything with Peanut butter or almonds. They have good calories and aren't really all that bad for you!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My in-laws have never liked me....during 25 years of marriage to their son and we've been divorced for several years (my evil ways of course LOL)...oh well, their loss.

I used to get my undies in a bunch over everything they thought, did ect. but now I just take a big deep breath.

My oldest daughter was in an auto accident last year that nearly took her life twice, threathened to leave her as a vegetable and now 15 months later she is struggling to be herself (traumatic brain injury). She was on her way to college at 6 am when someone decided to pass 6..., yes 6 cars and ran her off the road. We are blessed in the fact that she has determination, most kids don't make it back as far as she has and continues to do so. She is amazing and talks of forgiveness..of this idiot who caused her & our family so much pain. We are following suit.

I think the reason I wrote the above is because my life is really in perspective due to the awful accident that happended to my daughter. Shake off the small stuff that you have absolutely no control over. Just laugh in your head because you get it and they don't. Remain kind though! Keep the peace and praise the Lord!.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would KILL to see him tonight; unfortunately, because of our jobs, we live about 1800 miles apart. My travel is really restricted because I have CFICS. The next time I see him is Valentine's Day. :heart:

Peanuts do sound good. I might shoot for some shrimp pad thai before bed. Like he just texted me, "we have the rest of our lives to be mad at her." >_< On the bright side, he told her that if she continues to treat us this way, she won't be invited to the wedding. That shut her up. I think having him as a buffer is going to keep me sane. :ohwell: