• melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Having babies made me fat. lol
  • klecourtois
    klecourtois Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

My husband and I have been trying for just over 3 months and I need friends on here to stay accountable and focus on getting healthier before pregnancy! Add me if you need a friend too :)

Thanks,
    Kate
  • nasira_latifah
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Ok so I just started using this tool a week ago. Lost 6 lbs already (Yaay me)! :happy: Currently fasting 16 hrs for the next 27 days. My hubby and I have been trying to conceive for almost a year and nothing. Been on depo ONCE and after that one shot I gained 50+lbs :indifferent: . Now that I am at a set goal to lose 60 lbs I am hoping to get pregnant in the process.:love:
  • amberlinajo
    amberlinajo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would like to start trying in a year. I have a lot of weight to lose. I think this is great! :)
  • Tkembi
    Tkembi Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new here and it is interesting to know that other women are trying to lose weight before trying for pregnacy. I plan to lose about 20lbs more before we start trying, I have already lost 20lbs in 3 months.

Happy Trying Everyone! :happy:
  • Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Haha, and here I was thinking I was the only one trying to lose weight to get pregnant. Although my husband and I aren't really ready for them right now. I'd like to be able to have a child in a year or so, but I don't think that will happen until I lose about 80 lbs. Here's hoping we all reach our goal!
  • McFurs
    McFurs Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in the same boat as well! I have lost 27 lbs and need to loose another 101 to get to my goal so my hubby and i can start trying. Just worried when/if i do get pregnant i will blow up like a balloon again! Hopefully this site will teach me healthy habits!
    feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • Oneal77
    Oneal77 Posts: 12
    Options
    Interesting article! If you and your husband are interested in reading articles, or watching videos on weight loss, visit www.uncommonwebshop.com. Just click on the weight loss link. Good luck to you and your husband on the weight loss and baby attempts.
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    I am not trying to get preggers but def cheering you all on!! You want some motivation please add me!!! :)
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Me too! Would love to lose 10 to 20 before I get preggers but if I get pregnant before then I would still be ecstatic. Add me if you are in my baby boat!
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for about eight months, and no luck. I hope to conceive once I fall under 230. Here's to us!
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. Anyone feel free to add me. Even though I haven't started trying to conceive, I want to be at a healthy weight when I do. I've got a good at least 80lbs to lose. I am very scared of not being able to have a healthy pregnancy. I have not been diagnosed with anything but I know that extra weight will cause issues. A family member of my husband once told me that she hopes I never have a baby and because of her words, all I think about is miscarriages, gestational diabetes or many of the other things that would restrict me from having a healthy pregnancy. I need to lose this weight so that when I do start trying, I will be at my healthiest.
  • blackhawksgrl25
    blackhawksgrl25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been talking about trying. It isn't that we have been trying to prevent it but I haven't gotten pregnant in the last 6 months. I'm hoping o lose weight for 3 reasons. 1. I want to be a healthy weight 2. I want to look beautiful when we get married one day, and 3. Because I want to get pregnant eventually and think it will be easier when I lose weight... I'm trying to work off 50 lbs.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Haha, and here I was thinking I was the only one trying to lose weight to get pregnant. Although my husband and I aren't really ready for them right now. I'd like to be able to have a child in a year or so, but I don't think that will happen until I lose about 80 lbs. Here's hoping we all reach our goal!

EXACTLY this.
  • ChickenFarmersWife
    Options
    I thought I would be the only one trying to loose weight to gain! lol My husband and I have talked about having a baby, but before we start TTC I need to get healthy. I am way over weight according to my BMI and my OBGYN. I need to loose 50-80 pounds before I stop taking my BC so we can start trying. Feel free to add me if you are in the same situation. I need support, and I am happy to give it too! We can't do it alone!! :)
  • samloveschris
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I thought I was the only one trying to lose weight for a baby! It's brilliant that we are all in the same boat trying for that special something.

Me and my husband have been ttc for 2 years now. Just started losing weight after a few months at the gym. My heaviest was 13 stone, I'm now 12 stone and am 5 ft 3.

Hoping to get down to around 10 stone eventually but would love to be less.

Fingers crossed in your baby making journey and good luck and well done to everybody who has lost weight. Feel free to add me!

Love Sam x
  • Mazria27
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I need to lose a ton of weight before I think I'll be able to get pregnant. I need to sort myself out as I just cant seem to get my head around it all at the moment
  • norelmsuarez
    norelmsuarez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Hi there,

I read your post and I am def in the same sit as u my gyn said I needed to get to at least 180 before I ttc im at 213 now so I hope to take the journey of losing wgt starting now and finish early nxt yr good luck to us!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5' 9" and started at 237 about a year and half ago. I lost 25 or so then took a break. Got back up to 220 then decided it was time to start losing again. Gotten back down to 210. Want to get as low as I can but would be happy around 185.

But at the same time that I'm trying to lose to be healthier, make getting pregnant easier, etc. I'm also looking for Mr. Right (losing weight should help with that, although it shouldn't be a factor, it is) to have one with or the $$$ to do it on my own.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I really hate to be the bearer of bad news. Losing weight does not get you pregnant, nor provide babies. I can see were you would come to this conclusion. babies are mass, mass you lose though weight loss can form a baby.
    Were M is mass and B is baby

M + ΔM = B

In reality it takes a man and a woman both to form a baby. Crazy, I know. Its true though, here is the math.

were M is man and W is Woman, and B is baby.
    (M/0)+ W = B

Long story short, you will need at minimum a doner for the other half of the baby. Good luck!