Stuck in a Rut!

Options
In the last 2 years I lost 60 pounds. Over the summer I started drinking (pretty heavily again) and within the first 2 weeks of law school I had some emotional binges. Moral of the story in 2 months I gained 20 pounds. For the last month I have been counting every calorie that has gone into my mouth, I've been going to the gym 2 hours a day, I've even joined a crossfit gym. Zero weight has come off and I'm just at a loss at this point.

Any suggestions/encouragement/explanations??

Thanks!

Replies

• RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I am in law school too, and I can tell you why your body is acting wierd. You are too freakin stressed out!

What you need to do is drop all the law school OCD and destress a little.

Watch the drinking. Everyone seems to be drinking pretty heavily to prepare for a profession of heavy drinkers... lol... Watch eating while studying, and try to combine studying and light destress exercise. I like to walk on an inclide treadmill while doing my "light" reading. You can knock out 600 calories while knocking out a reading assignment. You have to take some time for yourself even if it feels like you can't afford to. Stress is worse for your body than anything.
  • acairns2
    Options
    Ahh thank you!

Last year I was so stressed i dropped 20 pounds without stepping foot in a gym and eating frozen pizza every night. This year seems to be the opposite. I've cut out alcohol at this point.

I'm only trying to eat 1,100 calories and I do eat some of the calories I "gain" back from exercising, but I'm thinking with all the weight lifting in crossfit I may not be eating enough?? I'm just getting so frustrated at this point....even when I did weight watchers with very little exercise the weight came off more easily :(