struggling to get 1200cals most days

Options
I am just not hungry, almost ever anymore.
I am eating because I know I should, but I am getting maybe a quarter through my meals, so the cals I'm logging aren't even accurate because I'm not eating the total I'm logging.
What are some healthy higher calorie options?
I've stopped taking Xantrax because it's supposed to supress you're appetite, but even after 6 days of not taking it I am not hungry.
I am taking multivitamins and flaxseed oil capsules.

Replies

• salubriousliving
    Options
    definitely try eating foods with a higher calorie count, but still nutritious!

you know, any and every type of nuts, avocados, eggs, peanut butter, bananas, PURE fruit juices, yogurt (chobani is tasty and filling!), cheese (not too much, of course), whole wheat bread, etc. i really hope this helps in some way
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    set an alarm to remind yourself to eat and just eat. hunger isnt necessarily a reliable indication of when you should be eating.

why not just eat the same stuff you're eating just eat more of it? it doesnt have to be complicated, it's just food. :happy:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    May I ask why you are only getting through 1/4 of your meals? you need to log accurately. This sounds a bit dangerous.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

you know, any and every type of nuts, avocados, eggs, peanut butter, bananas, PURE fruit juices, yogurt (chobani is tasty and filling!), cheese (not too much, of course), whole wheat bread, etc. i really hope this helps in some way

I like most of those suggestions, but would recommend avoiding Chobani. It has a whopping 19g of sugar - almost as much as a candy bar. Hardly nutritious.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
  • salubriousliving
    Options

I like most of those suggestions, but would recommend avoiding Chobani. It has a whopping 19g of sugar - almost as much as a candy bar. Hardly nutritious.

there's also plain chobani yogurt, but those usually come in big tubs and i don't think i can finish it, so i just eat the ones with fruit and avoid the sugary bottom ^__^ haha. but yeah, plain chobani yogurt!
  • KathleenH3
    Options
    I am only getting 1/4 through my meals because the few mouthfuls I'm having are filling me up & I do try to eat past it but it just makes me feel sick. I try to eat bread (dark rye mostly) but again, I can't eat a lot of it. I eat black swan yoghurt sometimes and put protein powder on it to boost my cals but it's not working
    I'm thinking maybe trying to have more meal shakes or protein powders to lift my count, but one fills me up for the whole day. What do you think? Does anyone else do this?
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have issues with my stomach once in a while and when I do, I eat more smoothies (made with real fruit and fruit juice, no extra sugar) that is much easier for some reason and I am eating something good for me. I was drinking most of my calories (mtn dew addict) before getting healthy, so it makes sense that I drink healthy calories now.