stressing a bit today

Options
I am losing weight and I know MFP works so why I am stressing out today. I have 600+ calories left for dinner which is more than I usually have in the evenings. I keep getting stressed thinking I am going to blow it even though Im logging everything, I had a 300 calorie breakfast and heavy lunch (500+ cals) so I don't understand why I am worrying when I haven't gone over my calories. I'm probably just nervous that I will sabotage myself just as things are going good. Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yes I still get scared to eat sometimes and have to convince myself I need food. You will be fine. The fact that you are nervous just helps you stay in control.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's to bad sticking to a diet make you feel nervous or guilty everytime you go over your goal, or eat something that is labeled unhealthy. It's very common though, I think 90% of women on here have this feeling daily, I know I do.

Don't lose hope!
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I feel that too, I keep thinking what can I have for dinner thats low calories if I feel I have ate too much during the day. I think for me personally it is because I am always thinking about food!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Aw be careful not to feel guilty about eating as that's not a healthy mindset. You are doing fine, you just need a little confidence! Have you been very strict with your diet? Maybe you need a day or two off for psychological purposes?
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks Guys

I am feeling better after having dinner. I haven't had a cheat day or gone over my calories in a few weeks but I am meeting friends on saturday which may make me go over. I am four pounds away from initial goal so I think that might be why I was nervous because I just want to get to this goal. I just need to remember to patient and not the negative thoughts affect me.
  • illuminatedms
    Options
    Even if you go over by a few calories, you will still be at a deficit. I think mfp sets you at about 500 calories below maintenance. So, even if you ate 500 more than you should, the worst case scenario is that you stay at the same weight. I find that helps me relax a lot.