Caloric Intake / Fitness

Options
Hello,

I've got a question for all you number crunchers out there in "MFP land". If with exercise (or without), I stay below the original guided caloric intake listed per day (mine is presently 1700), will that contribute to the weight loss goals, or does it mean I need at least that but no more in order to lose weight? I'm trying to understand the profile elements (under the goals category?) and how they work together, but for the moment it seems a bit confusing. Any assistance on understanding this process correctly would be appreciated.

Thanks, and be well.

Shawn

Replies

• Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    When you filled in your goals say 'loose 2lb a week' the site will automatically give you a daily amount of calories to aim for. You shouldnt go over this and try and get as close to using them as possible.
  • johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think it accounts for "lifestyle" but not for exercise. So if you check "active" it gives different goals than "sedentary". Adding exercise daily raises the calorie goals for that day.
    a heart rate monitor that tracks calories for exercise can help make it mor accurate.
  • PhiloScholar
    Options
    370 calories from a single Quizno's chocolate chip cookie with my lunch today! Unbelievable! I'm just glad I burned 800 calories on the treadmill before eating it.

- Shawn