Guilt OH the guilt!

Options
So lastnight I had a glass of wine with hubby, which then turned into a 750 ml bottle :( I had posted before about working wine into daily calories but I never worked in a bottle before. Anyways I was over my calorie intake by at least 400 calories yesterday because of the wine. Do I eat less calories today to compensate or work out longer? Not sure, but do I ever have the bad case of the guilties today lol

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a fun night with the hubs and get back on track today. I had a little too much to drink on Saturday myself- which ended up with a late night trip to taco bell. Wasn't the greatest idea, but I resumed my normal eating habits yesterday and the world is now complete again. No need to beat yourself up. As long as you don't do things like that 4 times a week, you'll be fine!
  • RDHome224
    Options
    Yeah when I went from a glass to a bottle last weekend I just went back to normal the next day, don't overcompensate today for it with calories or exercise, just go back to your normal day, and be glad you had a fun night :)
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No guilt! It's done, no need to beat yourself up. Have a regular day today, just make sure you drink lots of water!! You may need to rehydrate. ;)
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    Chalk it up to a fun night with the hubs and get back on track today. I had a little too much to drink on Saturday myself- which ended up with a late night trip to taco bell. Wasn't the greatest idea, but I resumed my normal eating habits yesterday and the world is now complete again. No need to beat yourself up. As long as you don't do things like that 4 times a week, you'll be fine!

this here.. if you plan for it early enough in the day though you can squeeze in an extra 30 min of cardio and wont feel as guilty. but yeah just move on.. I had some of my sons cheezits yesterday :/ lol
  • Eboncat
    Options
    I did the same thing last night. Just get back on the program. If you can work in extra 30 min cardio, great, but I'm not going to have the time today. And like someone else said - drink some extra water!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Just adjust your calories for the rest of the week.

I like using the MFP app because it shows me my net calories for the week. I was over on Monday and Tuesday but didn't eat all of my calories on Saturday and Sunday. I ended up balancing out with 300 calories leftover because of all the exercise and not eating much over the weekend.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love the fact there are so many fellow wine-O's on MFP. :) Just chalk it up to a bad night, since you may not feel like adding any extra exercise today, maybe add an extra 5 or 10 minutes throughout the week. That's what I do...oh, and I leave myself calories for wine indulgences :)
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You are a work in progress....fall 7 times, get back up 8!

Just don't make it a habit and you have no reason to carry the guilt around. A little indulgence once in a while won't hurt.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    So lastnight I had a glass of wine with hubby, which then turned into a 750 ml bottle :( I had posted before about working wine into daily calories but I never worked in a bottle before. Anyways I was over my calorie intake by at least 400 calories yesterday because of the wine. Do I eat less calories today to compensate or work out longer? Not sure, but do I ever have the bad case of the guilties today lol

Today is a new day.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I think you are blowing this up. Yesterday I ate 3500 cals...I made the choice to put those foods and drinks in my mouth. I'm not going to over exercise because of it. I'm just going to get back to normal eating. You are going to be fine.