Use MFP while pregnant?

Options
Has anyone used MFP while they were pregnant? Not to lose weight, but just to track the calories, vitamins and weight *gain* that is necessary for baby? We are planning on TTC soon and to prepare for it I just had that question. I am already at my goal weight (well I gained a few pounds back from muscle and just regular maintenance bloat) and plan on using MFP to continue maintenance/healthy habits, and after the second baby is born to, once again, reach my goal weight.

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    I havnt but when I was preggo with my son I used this site called babyfit and its great its basically the same as here but they adjust your goals for the week/month your in and then once the baby is born they help you to get back to your pre preggo weight by including breastfeeding and such activites as burns. Heres the link check it out and see what you think-

http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/

I love that you can add friends and join groups who are due around the same time as you and there is lots of sharing about the births and advice and what not. It was a great experience for me I hope you have the same.
  • LosingMyselfin2011
    Options
    Yes! I'm pregnant now. I asked the same question awhile back and there were tons of pregnant ladies on here. :-)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I have been for quite some time, and I've found it to be very helpful for maintaining a healthy pregnancy gain.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! :D

I think I'll stick to MFP though. SP just didn't work out well for me, for whatever reason. Plus I have a nice group of friends here that I rather feel inclined to already.
  • mrsamy1
    Options
    I'm glad to have found this post! Found out I was expecting a few weeks ago (1st) and at first was dismayed that weight loss would halt, but I am definitely planning on tracking, etc. to try and keep myself healthy over the next weeks and months and then it will hopefully help get back down to where I was (and lower) once baby arrives!