Wouldn't Recommend Endomondo for Now...

Options
I went to the Google Play store on my cell phone to check out this Endomondo application. Unfortunately, though, I saw some reviews of no more than three stars because the latest update appears to have some bugs in it. Also, be warned the full version is $4.99, and you may have to get MORE things to add to the phone.

For the time being, do not download it into your phone until all the bugs have been worked out.

Replies

• karynspeace
    Options
    I've been happy with it... but I didn't download the newest update yet either. My husband did, and he said that it just has a lot of annoying little ad like quirks.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the OP. I've been using Endomondo for almost a year on my Android and it works fine, including the latest version.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    OP here. I was just reading the reviews on the app, and several weren't so good. Here are a few I read:

10/30/12: "The app is not syncing with My Fitness Pal, which is why I downloaded it. I contacted support to find out what's wrong, and I got this response: 'We get tons of e-mail every day from users around the world, which means we unfortunately don't have time to give everybody a tailor made answer..PRO app users can reply to this e-mail. Unfortunately we cannot provide email support for users of the Free app'. Seriously? You want me to pay for features I won't use so I can get help with your dysfunctional app?"

10/29/12: "Did not work when first installed. Stuck with it for some reason, then checked it with some markers. It worked properly for about a week. Since then I get random readings telling me of mile stints anywhere between 3/4 and 1 1/2 miles. Really liked it while it worked, though."

Today: "Loved this app until the latest update. Now it's a glorified stopwatch. The GPS is useless now. It pauses on its own for no reason. On a 4 mile route, it tells me I've done 10 and my top walking speed is 56mph!! Had to uninstall and use another app."

Trust me, I've looked at a lot of the reviews, and many of them are NOT good. If it's working for you, that's fine. From what I've read, though, I am not putting this app on my phone.
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use the free version and it works great. The update didn’t really change much and there could be bugs but it will be fixed soon. I haven’t seen any though. Usually the issues people have are user error anyways. The GPS has a lot to do with where you are and the quality of GPS they put in your phone. Also might be worth noting I like the app and have not made a review. The majority of people that like things to not review them. It takes people being pissed off in order to want to right crap about it.