Goal: reached

Options
Weighed in under my goal weight this morning!

I'm starting week 6 of 12 of my current workout program this week, so hopefully by the end of the year I can add a little more tone.

I couldn't have done it without MFP; I've been under 120 for a month, and all the crash dieting, insane calorie cutting, and attempts to throw myself into a ridiculous workout program that I've done in the past never got me below 123 (except one time that wasn't really a plan, but I ended up at 119 after I had to make an expensive purchase I couldn't really afford and didn't have enough food for both my son and myself to eat well so I lived off apples and ramen noodles until my boss heard about what happened and got me a bonus; as soon as I got that, I put the weight back on and then some!). Aside from the practicality of logging food to hit a calorie goal, the support I've gotten from my MFP friends has been more valuable than anything in this journey. Without feeling like I had partners who were in it with me, pushing me or cheering me on, I probably would have given up a long time ago. But here I am, having done better and been better than ever before, so THANK YOU!

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Out Standing Job:):) Congratulations:):) :flowerforyou: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I hit my goal a few months ago...it's a great feeling. I find staying on track in maintenance is harder for me. I try so hard not to fall back into old habits

Good luck
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making your goal!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    That is so, so, SO fantastic Jen!! Good for you!! Can't wait to say the same and hopefully if all goes as planned, you'll have a workout buddy next year!
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kudos!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congrats! that's fantastic and well deserved with how much hard work you've been putting in! :)
  • beccalongnecker07
    beccalongnecker07 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I know it's not as big an accomplishment as the people who are losing 40+ lbs, but I am really proud of myself for sticking with it for more than 5 or 6 weeks and actually achieving what I set out to achieve. I'm ready to set new goals now and achieve those too. I think the hardest one is feeling like I look good, because even though I reached my goal, I still feel like I look almost exactly the same; hopefully if I tone up I can convince my brain to see a difference!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! My guess is that just focusing on sculpting your body will take care of any possible problem areas :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!