Am I crazy??

Options
2»

Replies

• Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No your not crazy. The more your drink the more your body wants.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Or does it seem the more water you drink....the more you NEED to drink?

Ok, here's what I mean.

I used to not drink water that much if at all, hated the stuff. I drank soda(yuck I know!) but even then I didn't drink that much oz wise per day.

Once I started working towards a healthier life I upped the water intake and cut out all soda(except the occasional glass). I started out drinking 8 8oz glasses of water a day, at first I had to sort of force myself but I found myself start to get thirstier and thirstier so it wasn't forced anymore. Slowly over the last bit of time I have noticed I need to drink more and more to keep from feeling dehydrated. Now I am up to over a gallon of water a day. I am just thirsty all the time and get dehydrated if I don't drink a ton. I don't even go to the bathroom that often for someone who drinks over a gallon a day. lol

Is it normal to get like this, require more and more when you drink more? I hope this made sense. :wink:

it doesn't sound normal to me. you don't really NEED to drink even 8 glasses of water per day (64oz). you get alot of water from your food sources. the whole "myth" about drinking enough water each day to pee "clear" is nonsense. but if you're drinking 128oz and still thirsty, alarm bells should be ringing. this is a CLASSIC symptom of diabetes, but you should also be urinating frequently along with it. it could be symptom for many other issues as well, or it may be nothing at all... but it's the sort of thing that i'd investigate because it could be an early symptom for something you need to see a doctor about.

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sym/thirst.htm

also, why do you think you are dehydrated on less than this? what are you feeling that you are mistaking for dehydration? is it dry mouth? is it dizziness? try to nail down your exact symptoms when you "feel" dehydrated so that you can see if something else may be occurring. the only time i'm really thirsty is after i've eaten alot of carbs. other than that, it's just an occasional glass of water throughout the day. i certainly don't drink 64oz, but i do get alot from my food.

I guess I shouldn't say I don't pee much, I just don't go constantly like I used to when I tried to force the water down. I would chug a big glass because I couldn't stand the stuff but knew I wasn't drinking enough and would pee a ton. So I do go to the bathroom often enough, just not every 10 mins is what I mean. Sorry if that came out confusing in my original post.

As for the dehydration thing, when I get dehydrated I get dry mouth/really dry lips to the point where they feel chapped and obviously my pee is dark. Like darker than normal. I feel kind of sick/headache with it too. Unless I am seriously slacking on my water consumption then all I get are the dry lips/mouth, but if I ignore that sign and keep going without drinking the rest follows.

I have been checked for diabetes and I don't have that. So I can rule that out.
  • tschaff04
    Options
    The not peeing alot when drinking that much water isnt normal. Unless your doing a bunch of vigorus exercise and sweating all the water out. You should be going to the bathroom alot. Like so far today I have drank 8, 8oz glasses of water and i have already went to the bathroom at least 5 times.

I explained my comment in that reply ^^. I didn't mean I don't urinate at all or very little. I should have worded that differently. :smile:
  • tschaff04
    Options
    I've noticed now that I drink more water, i crave it. It's like I never noticed before how thirsty I was...

Yesss!! This is how I feel!
  • tschaff04
    Options
    Your diabetic. Go get checked by a doctor.

I have been, I'm not diabetic.
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people that go through this. We ride mountain bikes in Texas heat and you really got to drink a lot to be able to ride here when it is 105 at 80% humidity.
    At some point your body seems to get addicted and you feel like you need it even when you don’t. When I am out riding I don’t feel the need so much but when I am not riding or an off day I WANT to drink all the time. Also when you drink a lot enough your body will get more efficient at draining. You won’t go to the bathroom as much but you get what you need out when you do go.

It is true if you are working out you will not go as much. I know I have drank 140 oz in about 2.5 hours and never went. But I was riding the whole time.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7vcmliuRE1r4cmts.gif

But in all seriousness its just your body letting you know that it wants more of the good stuff
  • tschaff04
    Options
    tumblr_m7vcmliuRE1r4cmts.gif

But in all seriousness its just your body letting you know that it wants more of the good stuff

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I hate water and it never gets easier for me.